Author Topic: Madeleine Eugenie Emilie Stephany was a Catholic, she was born Antwerp Belgium  (Read 21839 times)

Offline annemaj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium Family History
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 21 September 14 03:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Leen,
Thank you so much once again, this is wonderful and answers a particular question that I couldn't work out.  I did try and sort it all out for myself without having to bother you again, and I had actually been able to track down the marriage of Pieter Francies Van Nedervelde and Joanna Catharina Beernaert but that was all it said, not the details that you have been able to give me.    I did realise that the other Beernaert had been wrong as she died in 1797, and of course the entry of the right marriage that I found didn't give me ages which was the important thing, so I was completely confused.    I also managed to find the births for Elst which I went through, but like you couldn't find an entry for Jean-Baptiste on 4th Jan 1821.
I spent hours trying to go through other records, but not being able to translate them I gave up in the end.    I have a translation programme installed, but I think the older records are in Flemish because it wouldn't translate?
Thank you, thank you once again, I now have everything straight (I hope!) and the translations are wonderful.
Very best regards,
Anne

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 29 September 14 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hallo Anne,
I just received a copy of Antoinette’s death cert. She definitely is the Antoinette Van Nedervelde born in Brussels in 1863.  The cert is from Sorgues, a municipality in the departement Vaucluse, France.
This is the translation, the names are written as in the cert (Nevervelde, Feduck), Goffo was the surname of Therese De Temmerman' first husband.

Civil Registry of Sorgues
The 11th March 1943 at 10 o’clock is deceased at her home avenue du Maréchal Pétain, Antoinette Van Nevervelde, born in Brussels (Belgium) the 10th March 1863, without profession, daughter of the late spouses Jean Baptiste Van Nevervelde and Thérèse Goffo, widow of Feduck Vinall. Drawn up on the aforementioned day at 16 o’clock, according the declaration of Thomas Hutton, 57 years old, without profession at Sorgues who, after the reading, signed with us Eugene Simon, deputy to the mayor of Sorgues, delegated civil registration officer.

Groetjes
Leen
Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline annemaj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 30 September 14 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Leen,
Once again I am in your debt, thank you so much for this information.    I am sure that I must owe you for this?
It helps complete what we know of her life.   
I have trawled the 'net for any information on the place that she was evidently restricted from leaving during WW2, and that she wrote from: "Hotel Central Borguez, Vaucluse".   All I have managed to find is:  Vaucluse - Restricted Residence For Civilians.
  "CENTRE DE RASSEMBLEMENT DES ETRANGERS" (center for foreigners gathering)
So I gather she was probably in an internment camp.    That's OK and makes sense, so I am happy with that.
Please let me know what I owe you, and thank you once again,

Regards,
Anne

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 30 September 14 21:47 BST (UK) »
You owe me nothing Anne, it was free of charge, it usually is in France (apart from some exceptions).
I can send you the cert if you wish, just pm me your email.
Yes I know, I couldn’t find anything more about it too. There’s enough about the region during WWII, but nothing why Antoinette would have stayed in a camp. Her death cert listed : ‘décédée en son domicile’, nothing about a camp. There are still many questions but one thing’s for sure, you got thé right family in Brussels.

Groetjes
Leen
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline annemaj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen,
Thanks for the reply, I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for all your help.    I just wish I could repay it some way.    It certainly is the family I was looking for and I had no idea how to find it!
I would very much like a copy of the death certificate please, but I don't understand what you mean by 'pm' you my email?    I'm being very dumb I think!
Anne

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 22 August 15 16:44 BST (UK) »
Just want to say a big thank you to Wave Watcher  :)

trying to locate a birth in Antwerp and you have made so much sense and easier to look for it. The birth is for a Nellie Elvira Claire DANCKAERT Father Karel DANCKAERT. She was born 5th January 1896 in Antwerp (I just presumed she meant city but now, thanks to Wave Watcher will have to spread search further!)

I do know her father was the Harbour Master at Antwerp so must have lived there at some point. Came to England as Refugee at start of WW!

Thanks
Gaynor

PS Wave Watcher do you know where to locate those things (!) like census returns. Going to try and look for the 1900 census to see if family is there.

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 22 August 15 19:40 BST (UK) »
isn’t this your Nellie Elvira Claire ?   http://www.rootschat.com/links/01fyd/

cert n° 73   registration 6th January 1896 at 10:00 am, birth 5th january 1896 at 01:00 am Antwerp, Birth cert of Nelly Clara Elvire Petrus, daughter of Carolus Ludovicus DANCKAERT, 28 years old, born in Lillo, public school teacher and of Anna GALLEMAERT, 33 years old, born in Antwerp. Witnesses : Eduardus Gallemaert, 29 years old, afdakagent and Constantinus HENDRICKX, (messenger / courier / dispatcher), both living in Antwerp.
in the margin : Lange Congostraat n° 14, section 5 (their address)
                           Marriage cert of the Parents. Year 1890, number 1328

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 22 August 15 20:00 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :) :)  Yes it is so happy and thank you sooo much where on earth did you find that I have checked all the records I could find and still couldn't find it so I decided to check the Police Records for 1914 (knew they were in Antwerp then) got to page 109 but here is over 800, just part of seveal groups for 1913-1914 Will be able to go to bed now!!

Once again thank you so much.

Kind Regards
Gaynor

Offline GAYNORI

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 22 August 15 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Leen & Wave Watcher

I seem to have got the hang of it ..I thin. Managed to find birth for Carolus in Lillo. Now I am just searching for a marriage re the  ref you gave me Leen. Can I just ask you one more thing please. When you sent me the info on Nelly's birth it was transcribed socan you tell me if you used Google Translate or are you, yourself a Dutch speaker. I am finding the records very difficult to understand  ::) I might have to type it into Google and get it to translate as I can't see any translate button on site.
Kind Regards
Gaynor