Author Topic: Elizabeth Rogers born Bet: 1811 - 1815 Daughter of George  (Read 1927 times)

Offline 5Sylvia2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Rogers born Bet: 1811 - 1815 Daughter of George
« on: Wednesday 30 July 14 00:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, Is there anyone who could look up for our Elizabeth Rogers in the Shropshire Christening records. I believe she is daughter of George Rogers and Ann/Nancy Doe who married Stafford but had most of their children in Worcester.. George did move around for his work so could have had this daughter in Shropshire. She lists herself as born in Shropshire on the Census records.

ELIZABETH (BETTY) ROGERS, Born Bet: 1811 - 1815, Shropshire or Maybe really in Worcester, Worc, Eng. She 1st Married JAMES GRIFFITHS, on the 7th Dec 1834, All Saints, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. She 2nd Married SAMUEL JONES, On the 11thApr 1841, All Saints Parish Church, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. He is son of THOMAS JONES & ELIZABETH UNKNOWN. He was Ch 16th Jul 1815, Priorslee, Parish Madeley, Shropshire, Eng.

Shropshire Marriage Record.
No: 112 - Married 11 Apr 1841, at Parish Church Broseley, Shropshire, Eng.
This being after Banns by me: William Harris - Curator.
Samuel Jones - of Full Age Bachelor Occ: Miner Res: Broseley - Father: Thomas Jones Occ: Labourer.
Married Elizabeth Griffiths - of Full Age Widow Res: Broseley - Father George Rogers Occ: China Making (but spelt Macin) Manufacturer (Spelt Facturer) - Both left their Mark for Signatures. In the Presence of: John Smith & Richard Smith. Note: Neither father is listed as deceased? They didn’t always list if deceased or not. Thomas Jones might still be alive but the Worcester George Rogers died in 1831.
1841 Census Shropshire she says Yes of County
1851 Census Shropshire she says born Bafford but was told that should be Barrow, Shropshire
1861 Census Shropshire she says Broseley, Shropshire
1871 Census Shropshire she says Broseley, Shropshire
1881 Shropshire she says Rovin, Shropshire (Which I couldn't find?)

Any help to prove she was or wasn't born in Shropshire would be a big help... Thanks Sylvia