Author Topic: 7 August 1915 Private Peter ZEISSER 1st Light Horse Regiment, A Squadron  (Read 1602 times)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Peter Zeisser was born in Ultimo, Sydney Australia in 1894, to Anton Zeisser (b Baldersheim, Alscace Lorraine 1848) and Isabella Williams, (b 1852 in NSW).

Peter enlisted 22 August 1914 in Sydney, and whilst the family lived in Glebe, Sydney, Peter had been in Raymond Terrace, near Newcastle, employed by Dr Meredith, and had also apparently been sent to the Mittagong Farm Home for Boys, a "probationary training home" for boys who had been convicted in the Childrens' Court (although I haven't found out yet what he was convicted of).

Peter was orderly for Lt Col Meredith, until he was sent to Gallipoli, where he died at Lone Pine, aged 20.

Peter was my g grandmother's half brother (Anton Zeisser had a family with his wife Magdalena Brunner, then they separated and Anton had another family with Isabella).

Offline shellphillips

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 7 August 1915 Private Peter ZEISSER 1st Light Horse Regiment, A Squadron
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 09:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Can you respond to this message.
Peter was my Great Great Grandmothers brother.
Do you have anymore information?
Regards
Michelle

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 August 1915 Private Peter ZEISSER 1st Light Horse Regiment, A Squadron
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 April 19 04:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Michelle, sorry I haven't been around for a couple of weeks so have only just seen this message.

I have some info about this family, though mainly about Peter's father Anton's first family as they are my direct ancestors. Let me know what info you'd like and I'd be happy to share what I have.  :)