Author Topic: Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)  (Read 5459 times)

Offline Sandra1957

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)
« on: Tuesday 05 August 14 15:09 BST (UK) »
We have exstensive knowlege know here in the USA, about this lineage. I would like to know now if we have any relatives still there in Wales. Daivd married a woman with the last name Mortimer..they owned the *soith* (Roger Mortimer) earl of March..I believe it was a hunting ground. Anyway David James owned a Mill in Radnorshire. He was a Quaker and left with a Mr. Davies and William Penn to Pennsylvania. He was also in prisoned for not addressing the catholic church. Thats what we believe why he left Wales. It was a dark history. I would love to know more. I am sure we are related to many more people yet to find. Any help would be appreciated. I was adopted and found my biological Father who is a James. I have lost alot of history and know very few relatives. Thanks of any help you can give

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sandra1957

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry of David James of Llandegley/Glascwm (1660-1739)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 August 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
I found out that we are related to Davies, Lewis, John, and Meredith.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.