Author Topic: WRIGHT FAMILY CREEVE DONEGAL  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WRIGHT FAMILY CREEVE DONEGAL
« on: Monday 11 August 14 00:56 BST (UK) »
HELLO

My name is Keith Wright i am decendant of John Wright of Creeve Donegal, am looking to find area in which John lived he had a farm and rented pout houses as well, plus am looking to find family decendants of John Wright as well my line comes John then Thomas then Robert then William then John then myself Keith
Looking forward to any help please,,, Hoping there are Wrights still in area of Creeve Donegal
Ferguson L/Derry,Canada,Donegal,Fermanagh,
Bell Co Down,L/Derry, Canada ,
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
Hyndman Co Tryone ,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland
Henderson Co Leitrim Ireland

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: WRIGHT FAMILY CREEVE DONEGAL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 August 14 01:01 BST (UK) »
hi..welcome to rootschat  ;)  do you have any years of birth ?  spouses? do you have your family in the Irish 1901/1911 census ?  we need to know what you know in order to help...cheers  GB  ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 August 14 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
  Various Wrights of Creeve have wills in PRONI. See http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearch.aspx

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 August 14 23:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

John Wright, Creeve townland Parish of All Saints/Taughboyne, recorded in the 1858 Griffith Valuation, I take it this is the John your referring to?

Farmer, married Eleanor Leathem 1st July 1847, Crossroads Pres. Church, had son John baptised 28th Sep. 1848, son James born in 1853

Father probably also John, recorded in the Tithe records for Creeve in 1828, a Thomas Wright also recorded for townland, Thomas also registered a Freehold in townland in 1829

Thomas Wright is probably the father of Jane Wright who left a Will in 1858, it is available to view online, kingskerswell gave the link, it mentions her cousin John Wright of Creeve, jane is also recorded in griffith

John's death is recorded in 1879

James Wright (John's son?)farmer is living in the townland in 1901, aged 40 single, again recorded in 1911, still single

Regards

In case you don't have it here's the link to John's record in Griffith, a map of the holding can be accessed from here. http://tinyurl.com/mjfkmua

Also not seeing a record for a son Thomas for John and Eleanor?
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 August 14 13:53 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for the info on Wrights of Creeve, this big help to myself ,, On Thomas Wright my great great grandfather, this ionfo i have on him Thomas married in 1863 in Derry on his marriage cert his age is given as full, with this am place his birth as 1842 or before ,, Plus on marriage cert it given his father name as John Wright Creeve, and farmer,, On birth of his first daughter Hessy Maria the person regd birth wqas Mary Wright Grandmother,,
I am thinking info on John Wright marring Eleanor Leathem in 1847 am thinking along lines that is his brother John ,, if any of info above can be ofd help please let me know as am trying to find the place in Creeve were there lived to visit this area,,,,,, THANKS AGAIN Keith   
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 August 14 22:26 BST (UK) »

Marriage notice for Thomas Wright and Eliza Hyndman, Londonderry Sentinel 1863,

25-Sep-63 September 19, in the Cathedral, Derry, by the Very Rev. Dean Tighe, Mr. Thomas Wright, to Miss Eliza, youngest daughter of Mr. James Hyndman, both of this City.

Son Robert born 1885, did the family leave Ireland after this time? Don't see them in the 1901 census

John in Griffith is probably Thomas's brother and John in the Tithe records is their father, Drumlougher townland is worth bearing in mind it is adjacent to Creeve townland and the extended family appears to have lived in both townlands. There was a John Wright, Drumlougher christened at Crossroads Presbyterian Church in 1812, no information on parents was given.

The records for the church can be found online here:  http://mcn.ie/crossroads/genealogy/intro.html

Compare the Wrights with the Wrights mentioned in Jane Wright's  Will, you may be able to sort out the branches of the family.

You again asked for the place where John lived in Creeve, the map in Griffith will show the exact spot where the house stood, in this case Plot 4A, house is identified with small 'a'
Checking on google maps the house appears to be still standing but no longer occupied.
Try this link to street view: http://tinyurl.com/lccatk2 it should show house

Regards
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 August 14 21:59 BST (UK) »
HELLO

THANKYOU so much for your wonderful help so far over past few days ive found out more on my Wright ancestry in Donegal than ive ever found over past 4 years of research,, Now for Wrights still in area i dont know that what trying to find out , my ancestor Thomas Wright lived in Londonderry most of his life apart form 5 years few in Coleraine and Glasgow , coming back to Derry ,Thomas was founder member of Salvation Army in Derry, Was well liked even having write up in papers when he died, His son Robert my great grandfather  was also well known played football in Derry even being head hunted to play in England , His son William also well liked my grandfather killed in WW2, Theres Wrights in Derry that can trace the line back to Thomas Wright,,,,

Am still trying to find if Daughters of Wrights of Creeve or Drimlougher are still in area,,
Am so gratful for all help yourself has given to me THANKYOU

Keith 
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 August 14 23:36 BST (UK) »
HI AM wondering if anyone can help am trying t9o print off map of CREEVE & DRIMLOUGHER & KILLEA areas of Donegal but cant form Griffiths maps, Can anyone help me out please THANKS  Keith
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland

Offline pkincaid

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 April 18 22:01 BST (UK) »
I was checking out Wrights in Donegal and came across this thread.  I am not sure if the person got his answers, but I thought it worthwhile to note here that Keith Wright of the Monreagh Heritage Center is of the Creeve Wrights.  He does genealogy research.  A couple of related Youtube videos are as follows:

https://youtu.be/9d2k4UyK8-s

https://youtu.be/mcD2pA26-9w

The first relates to the old Wright homestead and the second is a video by Keith on genealogy tips.

Kincaids (Kincade, Kinkaid, Kinkead, etc.) of Counties Londonderry and Tyrone.

Gardiners of Ramelton, County Donegal.