Author Topic: Two Weston Marriages in 1775 in the same village. Which one are the ancestors?  (Read 3870 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Two Weston Marriages in 1775 in the same village. Which one are the ancestors?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 August 14 08:19 BST (UK) »
Judging by the limited number of marriages showing for 1775 on familysearch, I doubt very much it's a different couple, more likely either the professional genealogist, or possibly more likely familysearch have got the date wrong.  It may even be that the banns were called in 1774 but again familysearch have got the date wrong, I've seen that before.  It's not unusual for familysearch to get dates wrong or, for that matter, list banns as marriages.  All three sets of banns for the marriage of one of my ancestor's brother are listed on familysearch as the marriage, when in fact no marriage has ever been found, only the calling of the banns. :-\

Unfortunately, I suspect the only way to sort out the issue is to see the marriage register.  I would imagine that Perth has an LDC Family History Centre so it would probably be worth your while ordering the film to view as it covers both baptisms, marriages, and burials for the period.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline AntonP

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Two Weston Marriages in 1775 in the same village. Which one are the ancestors?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 August 14 14:53 BST (UK) »
Smudwhisk
Thanks, great idea. I will do that.

Anton