Author Topic: Children of John Wither and Euphemia Andrew OF Manitoba, Canada.  (Read 2737 times)

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Children of John Wither and Euphemia Andrew OF Manitoba, Canada.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 September 14 13:25 BST (UK) »
Wither family still found in East Kildonan in 1916 census, son David shown as overseas in France.

http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/006003/t-21939/jpg/31228_4363968-01018.jpg

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 September 14 13:45 BST (UK) »
Wither family have taken up farming in 1921.  They are living on what is described by the western Canadian system of land surveys as Section 36 Township 26 Range 6 W1.  The exact location of this farm can be found by entering these numbers on a website with free trials which I will give in a following post.  The enumerator had trouble with the name Euphemia, lots of them in my family.

http://data2.collectionscanada.ca/006003/t-21939/jpg/31228_4363968-01018.jpg

Offline Fen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 April 21 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hello!  A bit late with my post.
My great grandfather James Andrew, son of William Andrew (of Monkton, Ayrshire) and Jane Malcolm (of West Kilbride) was elder brother to Euphemia Andrew, mother of Carrick George Campbell Withers.
James Andrew lived in Monkton Ayrshire and married Elizabeth McMillan. His youngest son George Arthur Andrew, born in Monkton was my grandfather.
My eldest son is called Campbell, I had no idea the name had already been used in the family.
If you require any more information on Euphemia's family, the Andrews,  please do get in touch.