Author Topic: Martin Coy  (Read 6153 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Martin Coy
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 October 19 18:55 BST (UK) »
The reporter has made the following comment:
Yes please and thanks so much for your hełp warm regards jasmine coy

reply from jasmine who clicked on the report to moderator button instead of the reply button

Sarah ;)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline marialarkins

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 May 20 04:58 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am also seeking further information about the Coy brothers: Michael, Martin and Peter for my stepbrother. He is a descendant via Michael and Margaret Coy. I have a great deal of information about them and their settlement in Tasmania in Port Cygnet and land they held there (Michael and Martin). Also some information about Bookeen in County Galway. Unfortunately, Peter Coy, did not do very well. He was repeatedly in trouble with the police for being destitute and eventually was sent to Port Arthur where he died at the age of 47 on 18 January, 1863.

Michael Coy married Margaret Jordan at Kinvara on 4 February, 1845. They are both noted as having one child on their convict records, yet it appears the child was not with Margaret at Grangegorman and doesn't appear to have gone to the colony with her. A note on Michael's prison record in Ireland suggests the child may have been with HIS mother.

Does anyone have any information on the Coy family in County Clare and this child?

Offline Benny G

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Ben, my great great Grandfather was Martin Coy and he married Ellen Brereton. I’d love to find out any information you can share with me. I’m originally from Tasmania.
Kind regards

Offline debi1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 July 21 13:52 BST (UK) »
Saw these posts and hoping that the author Jasmine Coy still has photo of Martin Coy as my husband is a decendant of his through Martins daughter Mary Coy.  Debi

Offline Chasaluka

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 February 24 02:11 GMT (UK) »
G'day Jasmine, it is Chas Dwyer from Hobart Tasmania contacting you re information on Ellen Dwyer nee Brereton, whom married Martin Coy in 1870 here in Tasmania at Port Cygnet.
Can you help me? I know she died 1905 in Cygnet, her first husband Jeremiah Dwyer died also at Cygnet but is buried at Franklin, to which I have found his grave, but do you think I can find where Ellen is buried, no way, once again, can you help me as to where she is buried?

Regards
Chas Dwyer
Hobart   Tasmania
Australia