Author Topic: Hexham - The Barron Family - Roman Catholic (part 1)  (Read 42227 times)

Offline S128

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hexham - The Barron Family - Roman Catholic (part 1)
« Reply #72 on: Friday 01 September 17 15:48 BST (UK) »
Very interesting!

I would suggest that this is David Pearson Barron but I could be wrong. I know there is an age difference but the person in the picture looks older than 19 and the fact he is a 'cabinet maker' suggests this David Barron is Anthony Forster Barron's son.

Patrick usually responds very quickly to posts and I know he will find this very interesting if he hasn't already seen it.

I can only think he hasn't seen your posting yet and may be on holiday.

However, thanks for posting the info.  Out of interest, any mention of a person with surname Crozier in your book?

Regards

Thank you for your help. I was thinking it was David Pearson Barron who is my 3x Great Grandfather. I was also thinking that the person looks a little older than 19 in the picture.

I don't actually own the book a woman randomly sent me a message on Ancestry who has no connection to the Barrons saying she had picked it up in a charity shop for £1 and would I like the info.

Regards

Will

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 01 September 17 16:11 BST (UK) »
Suggest you have a look at the last post on page 4 of the thread- this would indicate he was the son of John Barron.

There are some  criminal records on FindMyPast which are probably him (1872 and 1878) but showing under the surname Baron.

There is a census record for a John Barron of the right sort of age living in Bykerin 1881 with wife and children. His occupation  is cabinet maker.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline SelDen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 02 September 17 22:22 BST (UK) »
Came across this marriage and am posting in case it helps Barron researchers:

Tynemouth parish (Christ Church):
7 April 1877 John Edward Barron, 20, Bachelor, Engineman, Wellington St, son of John Barron, Cartman, married Elizabeth Mary Westman, 19, Spinster, Wellington St, son of Robert Westman, Farmer, witnesses Robert Westman (X) & Henry Walton.

Will pop it into a postem on FreeBMD also.

Offline johnlancelotcrozier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 03 September 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
William, you are obviously correct and for pointing out that it is clearly set out toward the end of page 4 with a mention about this David Barron and the actual book.

Although this doesn't directly affect the Crozier tree it is all very interesting and good to see a pic of a Barron.

What would be really good for the Crozier tree is if anyone out there had a pic of George Barron 1808-1871. He married Eleanor Brewis and they had no children but he did have one child, John Crozier/Crosier with a Jane Crosier/Crozier. When Jane died in 1850, John went into a workhouse 1851, then lived with his Uncle, Anthony Forster Barron and his then wife, Anne Pearson in 1852.

George Barron was the brother of John 1821-1868 and therefore the uncle of David Barron.

So if anyone knows of a pic of George Barron would appreciate help.

Many thanks,
Ray

Offline S128

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
William, you are obviously correct and for pointing out that it is clearly set out toward the end of page 4 with a mention about this David Barron and the actual book.

Although this doesn't directly affect the Crozier tree it is all very interesting and good to see a pic of a Barron.

What would be really good for the Crozier tree is if anyone out there had a pic of George Barron 1808-1871. He married Eleanor Brewis and they had no children but he did have one child, John Crozier/Crosier with a Jane Crosier/Crozier. When Jane died in 1850, John went into a workhouse 1851, then lived with his Uncle, Anthony Forster Barron and his then wife, Anne Pearson in 1852.

George Barron was the brother of John 1821-1868 and therefore the uncle of David Barron.

So if anyone knows of a pic of George Barron would appreciate help.

Many thanks,
Ray

I have struggled to find any pictures of the Barrons. The one from the book is the only one I have ever seen.

I only have 1 picture of my Great Grandfather who was David Herbert Barron. My Grandmothers Mother apparently destroyed all pictures of relatives before she died :-[ which my Grandmother said included lot's of photo's of the Barrons!  :-X

If anyone has any I would also be hugely interested to see also!

Offline S128

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 05 September 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
Suggest you have a look at the last post on page 4 of the thread- this would indicate he was the son of John Barron.

There are some  criminal records on FindMyPast which are probably him (1872 and 1878) but showing under the surname Baron.

There is a census record for a John Barron of the right sort of age living in Bykerin 1881 with wife and children. His occupation  is cabinet maker.

William

Thank you for the reply William. Looking into it further you are correct and the David Barron in the book is the one you have mentioned. Son of John Barron

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 02:58 BST (UK) »
Hello all! I read these posts with great interest. My 6th greatgrandmother was Eizabeth Barran who was christened 4 Nov 1694 in Corbridge, the daughter of Thomas Baron. Elizabeth married Matthew Hall on 28 July 1717 in Whickham, Co Durham. I appears that Matthew was born in Low Hand area of Whickham, but I do not know when. I have found only one child, Margery Hall chr 27 Dec 1719 in Whickham who married Richard Harding who was also from Whickham. I would be delighted if anyone could shed more light on Elizabeth or Matthew or any additional children they may have had. Thank you kindly! Sincerely, patrexjax
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline Patrick B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Patrexjax

Good message. It seems that you are descended from the wider Barron family of the Ovingham/Corbridge/Stamfordham area. The Stamfordham Barron's can only be traced to 1746, which is a little late for you. There is probably a connection between this family and yours but we can't prove it.

Best of luck with your research.

Patrick

Offline johnlancelotcrozier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 18:17 BST (UK) »
Patrick!

Delighted to see you are still with us - I have worries at my age!  I wondered where you were as you normally respond to all enquiries immediately. Anyway very pleased to see you here again!