Author Topic: George Kear, or is it William George Kear - Cheltenham  (Read 3313 times)

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
Re: George Kear, or is it William George Kear - Cheltenham
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 June 16 18:59 BST (UK) »
Daisy and to all involved in developing this account,truly fascinating and very informative,thank you for taking the time to investigate and post updates.
I have shared this with Minnie Paton - Kears great grandson.

Regards Scatty
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gwilliams3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 June 16 13:26 BST (UK) »
thanks for all the information,

I don't have a Sarah Kear in my tree line. There were quite a few "Kears" in the area, but I have Charles Kear married to "Marry" (sic) not a "Sarah" .

I do not have a direct link between Marry and Charles, but have Charles on the marriage certificate of his daughter Mary, in 1884, recorded as deceased, and Marry on the 1881 census, with daughters Minnie & Mary, and George & Frederick as grandsons.

he's not present at the address, 25 Sidney St, Chelt. The 1881 census list Marry as
married, not widowed.

I need to check through my records and in particular, how I concluded the relationships were correct. Not looked at this part of the tree recently , been chasing "Williams" from Pembroke

Offline David Pulsford

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 17 January 21 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my paternal grandmother Nellie sole is listed as daughter of George kear at 8 witcombe pl, Cheltenham. She went on to marry Charles Victor Pulsford in 1921 and I remember the Keats name as I was growing up. My father is Victor a j pulsford now 91. They owned Pulsford removals in Cheltenham for many years. So I can confirm the name is definitely SOLE