Author Topic: Henry Hugh McKinley  (Read 6881 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Henry Hugh McKinley
« on: Wednesday 29 June 05 22:36 BST (UK) »
...probably born c 1880's.

Don't have anything else on him until he is in Londonderry in 1906 with a wife, Rebecca Blake and at least one child, William George McKinley b1906 (birth day 18/5/1906 but registered late on 1st September - residence of parents was given as Tullamore, Kings County, but birth seems to have taken place at Waterloo Street, Londonderry).

Anything anyone might find on this chap would be appreciated.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Hugh McKinley
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 October 11 10:29 BST (UK) »
An oldie, yet still no further finds.

Meant to say at time of original post, Henry and Rebecca seem to have married in Jan-Mar Qtr 1906 in Tullamore district, Ofally.

Also, by 1911, their son appears on Census in Londonderry with another family as 'adopted'. No obvious links between the family he is with and his parents.

Perhaps a mod could move this post to Ireland General as now realise that although he married in Tullamore, Henry may have been born elsewhere.....one possibility being the Henry Hugh McKinley born 1878 in Dunfanaghy.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Hugh McKinley, Tullamore, Kings County.....
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 October 11 10:38 BST (UK) »
probably the the best place to start the search is with that possible marriage, as the cert would give more details such as residence for the bride and groom, and the name and occupation of Henry's father.

Here are the details for reference:

Name: Henry Hugh M'Kinley
  Registration district:   Tullamore
  Event type: Marriage
  Quarter and year: Jan-Mar 1906
  Volume: 3 / Page: 525

Name: Rebecca Blake
  [same index references as Henry]

Other than the birth you mentioned in Dunfanaghy, I dont see any other good matches for Henry around 1880 under his full name, but he may be one of those registered without a middle name.

See :
  Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
  Details included on a Marriage Cert

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 October 11 10:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for input, Shane. Yes, I have that marriage ref, thanks, and agree no other obvious births around timescale.

At moment, more confused as to what became of Henry and Rebecca between 1906 and 1911, as not seeing any obvious death/s and/or emigration, nor seeing them in 1911 Census either. Mind you, on reading back through manual records, I see that when he married, their son said his father was 'Albert' and a 'butler'.  Bit of a stretch from Henry Hugh to Albert, but then again, stranger things have happened. Given the occupation of father on birth cert as coachman and on marriage cert as butler though, I do wonder if he was in service to a family that moved around hence he travelled with them. If so, maybe a child arriving on the scene was not ideal for his job and hence the 'adoption'.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 October 11 11:00 BST (UK) »
that Henry McKinley birth is included in the extracted records without the middle name - the page reference (63) is the same as the BMD Index record. The parents names are William McKinley and Jane Stewart. If the marriage cert shows Henry's father's name as William than it would be worth following up the details on the birth cert.

see : link

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 October 11 11:10 BST (UK) »
could this be Rebecca with her family in 1901 ?

Blake household, townland of Culleen

have you found Henry in 1901 ?

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 October 11 11:13 BST (UK) »
a possible match for Henry - listed as a Donegal born Coachman living in Co. Tyrone in 1901 :

Baillie/Merrick/McKinley household, Magirr townland

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 October 11 11:14 BST (UK) »
that Henry McKinley birth is included in the extracted records without the middle name - the page reference (63) is the same as the BMD Index record. The parents names are William McKinley and Jane Stewart. If the marriage cert shows Henry's father's name as William than it would be worth following up the details on the birth cert.

see : link

Shane

Good spot...missed that...great what fresh pair of eyes can see, thanks. I must have had my  8) on.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 13 October 11 11:17 BST (UK) »
a possible match for Henry - listed as a Donegal born Coachman living in Co. Tyrone :

Baillie/Merrick/McKinley household, Magirr townland

Shane

Mmmm....an interesting one.....not married, but then I've been wondering if Rebecca died after giving birth, given the birth was registered so late and not by father or mother.