Author Topic: Animal pets attending funerals  (Read 2581 times)

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Animal pets attending funerals
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 January 20 23:01 GMT (UK) »
A few years ago, when my Friend's Father died, his dog died the following day and the Family arranged for the dog to be placed in the coffin.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 January 20 23:14 GMT (UK) »
A few years ago, when my Friend's Father died, his dog died the following day and the Family arranged for the dog to be placed in the coffin.
Carol

Aww Carol, that brought a tear to my eye  :'( (sitting here with my dog next to me snoring away)
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 January 20 16:57 GMT (UK) »
I've heard of that ( dead beloved pet included in coffin with owner) being done, before, but was rather under the impression that it wasn't entirely legal?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)