Author Topic: leon martin beaumont  (Read 2986 times)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: leon martin beaumont
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 October 14 18:36 GMT (UK) »
You need to obtain some hard info from certificates.
I'd suggest the 1907 birth certificate for a starter.

Quite frankly at the moment, Leo/n/ard martin peers/Beaumont seems to be a fiction.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Beryl McKeown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Yorkshirerose,
I have just started researching my mother's family as she lost touch after the second world war when she moved South.
What I have found to date is that on her birth certificate her mother Rosalie Mabel, who married Frederick White, gives her former name as Peers. But when she married Frederick in 1910 her name was given as Beaumont. We contacted Irish ancestry and her birth certificate is on its way to us, as are her parents certificates.  Your post was 2014, I do hope you receive this message, we are cousins! I would like to find out more about why Beaumont changed to Peers. iI hope you can private messsage me

Offline yorkshirerose28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 July 17 20:37 BST (UK) »
hello there
many thanks for your message .
I don't know much about leon martin Beaumont or his wife Emily mary .I believe that her maiden name was Atkinson and that she came from the Cleethorpes area .
I believe that Emily passed away in either 1937/1938.my mother was a small child at the time .
i don't know how or why the family where living in Belfast ,although it was thought in the family that leopold /leon/leo  Beaumont may have been jewish .i know that there was a large jewish community living in Ireland in the 1880s?.i do know that the family crossed the irish sea to Liverpool .again there was a large jewish community there .
leopold/leon/leo and Emily had at least two further children , henry david who was born in preston and Adolphus George who was born in Cleethorpes .he was my grandfather.
the only information i have is that leopold/leon.leo we think passed away about 1910/1911/1912?
i have been searching to find out when and where he died

look forward to hearing from you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 July 17 20:54 BST (UK) »
What I have found to date is that on her birth certificate her mother Rosalie Mabel, who married Frederick White, gives her former name as Peers. But when she married Frederick in 1910 her name was given as Beaumont. We contacted Irish ancestry and her birth certificate is on its way to us, as are her parents certificates.

Rosalie Mabel born 1893- father Martin Beaumont-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1893/02285/1857908.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Beryl McKeown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 July 17 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi are you a relative? Rosalie was my grandmother, I have just one photo of her with my mother and Ruth an Joan. It is the Leon Martin search that is difficult to get information on. ::)
Love to hear from you

Offline yorkshirerose28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 28 July 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
hi
Rosalie mabel  Beaumont was my great aunt .her brother Adolphus George peers was mygrandfather
Rosalie shared the same birthday with my mum , just a few decades apart .my mum was born in 1936