Author Topic: job whyatt/wyatt  (Read 2981 times)

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: job whyatt/wyatt
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 July 20 14:34 BST (UK) »
Well spotted with the census! Thats probably why I didn't know about Martha.  I have some details of Martha Wyatts parents, Thomas Himmingfield 1778 - 1846 and Mary Turton 1786-1857, if you are interested.
Unfortunately all I have on Matthew Henry Wyatt is covered on this thread. Have you found him on 1841 census at Garden Street Sheffield?
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,
travis, gill, barker, fielding- derbyshire

Offline Glen B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 July 20 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth, sorry for the delay - internet problems    as i said much of my research was done pre internet, & i gave it a rest for a while    Then my friend Harold ,a very avid researcher,  finding we had a common thread,   generously copied me practically everything there was on Wyatt, Hemmingfileld & Turton, Including MHW in Wakefield. which started me off again.   although his details  there don't quite match ,I can find no other births in Sheffield at that time    I have spent hours looking thro news paper reports of court proceedings to try to find his crime, start & length of sentence but not found anything.  Wakefield Archives have no prisoner records for that period. So that period remains a mystery.    the later entry of him being a screw manufacturer my indicate he was running his own business      Glen B

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 July 20 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen,
 You will find MHs birth in Chesterfield, he was baptised at Crooked Spire in 1821. As you can see from this thread  his father (Job) was married 3 times and had loads of children - I found eleven baptisms I think , but only MH survived.
There is a record of Job's death (in the local paper) and his wife (ann Hodgkinson) a little later.  Job's father was John (according to baptism record) but I haven't been able to find anything further. There are a few Whyatt families in Chesterfield but I have not been able to find any links to either John or Job. It may be that John originated elsewhere. The spelling also varies- wyett is another variation!

Is your friend related to this branch of our family?
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,

Offline Glen B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 July 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
I had found most of Job's & Matthews details many years ago on a visit to Chesterfield Archives. all now backed up & confirmed by internet downloads
since the prison entry shows MHW born in Sheffield in 1824, I was looking to see if there was another birth ,under a  different spelling perhaps,  but have found nothing.

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 July 20 16:07 BST (UK) »
Yes I have tried the same - with the same results!  It looks like this will remain a brick wall.
 I periodically check websites to see if there is anything new, and will hopefully one day get to Derbyshire archives in Matlock (I don't live too far away, but haven't managed it yet).I will pm you with my email address,so if you want you can let me know your email then if I find anything I will let you know.
I presume you have details of the Wyatt burials from Sheffield Indexers?