Author Topic: Francis Pacelli  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Roisin Ban Heather

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Pacelli
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 20 August 22 06:29 BST (UK) »
Most of the links on this thread are broken so it's hard to follow.
Is there a Joseph with a daughter Nora in your family dathai?
There is a court case in 1916.
It concerns a lease in Great Brunswick St, where Joseph Pacelli had an ice cream shop his executor is Francis Pacelli who had left the country in 1913.

This is definitely my family. Nora was my great grandmother theresa's sister. Theresa named her daughter Nora too after her sister.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 20 August 22 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Roisinn and welcome to RootsChat

I stumbled upon the Heather Gastro pub in Canada some years ago while googling the name Joseph Pacelli where he mentioned the Raspberry ripple and Nelson's head from the blown up pillar.
I emailed  him and was eventually contacted by two lads here in Dublin i think one of them was from Westmanstown they sent me a photo by email of Joseph Pacelli and his wife, dissappeared on me must have deleted it  by mistake.

Dathai

Offline Roisin Ban Heather

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 20 August 22 18:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Dathai,
Yes, the Irish Heather is my brother Sean.
We are in Vancouver but will be in dublin in 2 weeks. The Canada connection stuck through the generations. Our Grandfather was the one with the nelson's statue. Sean still has a piece!

Offline Anjels

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 06 October 23 08:47 BST (UK) »
Always knew my in laws had a shop (ice cream) in Capel Street,but while browsing the Eloctoral Lists i came across the following in 27b Ormond Quay which was a surprise to me as no one in family knew of it.
http://www.dublinheritage.ie/burgesses/viewdoc.php?burgessid=59687&djvupath=imagefiles&orderby=002519&imagefile=BR.1909.0596.jpg
which seems to be on the premises of Patrick Cullen's Pub
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000079604/

Hi
I “think” this is my great grandparents.  My grandmother was Catherine Pacelli (DoB 1902) and she married a Henry Rankin (DoB 1906). My mother always told me her grandparents were the first to open an ice cream shop in Dublin. How true that is I don’t know.