Author Topic: Hayes  (Read 5572 times)

Offline andyhayes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hayes
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 November 17 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Anybody able to help with this

John died in 1884 in Whitby Union workhouse, softening of the brain, exhaustion.
His sister in law Mary (wife of Brother Cornelius was marked as informant).

How did the brothers get from Ireland to Whitby, surely there must be a record somewhere?
Both were born in Limerick fathers name John.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 November 17 19:54 GMT (UK) »
How did the brothers get from Ireland to Whitby, surely there must be a record somewhere?
They were moving within one jurisdiction so no record of travel was required and it was not at all unusual.
People usually moved for work, sometimes permanently sometime for a few months at a time.

Offline chrissyalone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 September 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi I live in a farming area in Limerick where the Hayes family farms/ed for several generations. Their home was a post office also until the postmistress (Hayes) retired a few years ago. The Village of Ballysteen has listed online free to see, the cemetery gravestones and the relevant inscriptions. May be worth looking it up?

Chrissy

Offline emonn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am researching my 3rd great great grandfather and grandmother: Paul Flynn (c.1810-1872) and Mary Hayes (1812-1855).  I believe they were from Cappamore.  They had Hannora Flynn (1835-1900) who would immigrate to Illinois where she married Patrick Corkery and this is my line.  Hannora had a brother Patrick Flynn who also immigrated to Illinois and married Elizabeth Drew.  I have not been able to locate any records on Paul Flynn or Mary Hayes and would love to be able to find out more about them.

Thank you.

Elizabeth