Author Topic: Firefox 'Document Expired' message - how can I change settings please?  (Read 8332 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox 'Document Expired' message - how can I change settings please?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 11:33 BST (UK) »
oops  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 11:37 BST (UK) »
 ;D

'Try Again' takes ages for me so I give up and start the search again! It's quicker  ???

I don't understand why Try Again would take longer than repeating - surely Try Again just repeats the request. It should take the same time or less cos of not having to repeat the typing  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 12:17 BST (UK) »
;D

'Try Again' takes ages for me so I give up and start the search again! It's quicker  ???

I don't understand why Try Again would take longer than repeating - surely Try Again just repeats the request. It should take the same time or less cos of not having to repeat the typing  :-\

Gadget

Well it might not take longer   it's me that gets fed up of waiting! I'm on Smallworld's broadband, I don't know how it compares for speed (Smallworld who? lovely little company covering southern Scotland and northwest England - about to be taken over by Virgin)

On the positive, Ctrl-Shift-r had no effect for me but clearing the Cache (via the Clear Recent History option) seems to have worked. I can now return to the search list.

Alanmack's answer is interesting, I didn't know I could click the mouse wheel - mine does something different  (displays all open items in miniature, arranged on the screen) :D
Also I found that right-clicking on FreeBMD links doesn't offer you the 'new tab' option. You can 'copy link location' but that seems more longwinded

Thank you all!
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alanmack

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 12:29 BST (UK) »

Alanmack's answer is interesting, I didn't know I could click the mouse wheel - mine does something different  (displays all open items in miniature, arranged on the screen) :D
Also I found that right-clicking on FreeBMD links doesn't offer you the 'new tab' option. You can 'copy link location' but that seems more longwinded

Well I'm using a recent version v.31 but it's been like this for several years. I think your settings may not be right for it. I've attached mine to help hopefully.  :)
Glamorgan - Carpenter, Chamberlain, Ellis, Watkins, Rees, Bevan
Wiltshire - Carpenter, Chamberlain, Ellis, Merrett
Essex - Burdon, Taylor, Menzies
Canada - Burdon, Parkinson
Australia - Carpenter, Burdon

Offline wyndham

• --
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 20:16 BST (UK) »
Alanmack

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  I have been suffering from this irritating interruption since BT moved me from BT Yahoo to BT Mail and ticking the tab boxes as per your advice has worked.