Author Topic: Andrew Fullerton and Mary Rogers and Ann Walker  (Read 6211 times)

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andrew Fullerton and Mary Rogers and Ann Walker
« on: Thursday 02 October 14 00:06 BST (UK) »
Seeking information on Andrew Fullerton & Mary Rogers from Omagh Tyrone - they had at least 1 son - named Andrew Fullerton (b. 1829c) who married  Ann Walker (b.1/1/1826) in 1855 & then emigrated to Queensland Australia in 1855. Any information on Fullerton, Rogers & Walker families would be much appreciated  :)
Warr

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Fullerton and Mary Rogers and Ann Walker
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 October 14 07:29 BST (UK) »
Hiya Heather and welcome to Rootschat
 is this Andrews marriage to Anne Walker - Andrew is born 1831 and Anne b 1832( you have 1826 )
so maybe it is a different Andrew Fullerton / Anne Walker - but married 1855 would be a coincidence
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FG6G-CTY

you say that Andrew and Mary are from Omagh,Tyrone - but the marriage of their son is in Cappagh , Tyrone ...........is it possible that Andrew and Mary are from Cappagh ??...I can`t find them in Omagh ?

ADDED
did Andrew die in 1887 ?...could this be his will ?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KZ5H-P5V
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 October 14 08:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply "garstonite"
Yes you are right Ann Walker would have been born in 1832...my mistake  :-[ I do have a copy of their marriage certificate....would love to get a copy of their birth certificates/records if any were done back then
As for the Will I don't know because I haven't found any information on Andrew Fullerton Snr so it could be. I don't know how to confirm Andrew Snr's death or Mary's death or their births for that matter....wish I could then I would know who their parents are  ;D
And yes they could be from Cappagh & not Omagh...I don't know Ireland very well & from what I have been told it they are virtually the same place....but it seems not eh!
Thanks again for the input....would love more info if you have it!!!!
Warr

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi again garstonite  :)
Thanks for the imput...yes you are right with their birthdates...have updated my records accordingly. Andrew Fullerton (b. 1832) died in Queensland Australia in 1899. Ann Fullerton nee Walker died in 1919 & they are buried together in Toowong Cemetery Queensland. I just don't know how to find information on their parents & the rest of the family over in Ireland....there must be someone over there that is wondering what happened to their rello's that emigrated.
Oh well I will keep trying
Thanks again...take care  ;D
Warr

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Me again
I would say that possibly could be Andrew Fullerton Snr's probate to Mary Fullerton nee Rogers. If so they would be my ggg/grandparents. Do you know how I could prove it is Andrew Jnr's father???
I would dearly love to know more about them
Thanks so much
Heather
Warr

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 11:46 GMT (UK) »
I`m afraid you need to speak to someone more experienced than I am over that question ...but if you purchased that will there may be a matching address for Mary - that`s if it is your Andrew and Mary ....maybe if you could look for Mary Fullertons will , she may have left money to Andrew jnr ( it may say Australia - I honestly don`t know )??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Good morning (from here anyway - Sydney Australia)
Thanks so much for the reply....yes I will certainly look into that...but they may have had more children over there too which could have been the beneficiary of her will if there was one.
May I ask how/where you came across their correct birth years please? As I couldn't find anything prior to their marriage. As I said I don't even know if they had any siblings or where or when their parents/grandparents were born or died :P
What part of the world do you live in??
Oh the other thing is do you know if I could get a copy of the original copy of the will or where I would find it? Obviously the book is typed so there must be a written copy of that book somewhere plus a written copy of the will maybe.
Thanks again for your help :D
Warr

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 19:31 GMT (UK) »
"Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Andrew Fullerton late of Drumnacross County Tyrone Farmer who died 12 April 1887 at same place were granted at Armagh to Mary Fullerton of Drumnacross the Widow."
You can't order the Will because there never was a Will (administration means that Mary, his widow, applied for permission to legally sort out his estate. The 'address' for Andrew & Mary in 1887 was Drumnacross (the townland).

Possible Will Extract for Mary (1904)- you can view the details from Will Book on PRONI's site.
"Probate of the Will of Mary Fullerton late of Drumnacross County Tyrone Widow who died 6 May 1904 granted at Armagh to Robert Fullerton Farmer."
Mary Fullerton was a widow, had sons Andrew, John, Robert, Orr, William.

Son Orr Fullerton?
"Probate of the Will of Orr Fullerton late of Drumnacross County Tyrone Farmer who died 15 February 1922 granted at Londonderry to John Bole and John Ferson Farmers Effects £68 12s. 6d."

If you search for Fullerton as surname and Drumnacross in full abstract box you will see other family details-
http://applications.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar/WillsSearch.aspx

1901 census- Mary Fullerton & some of her sons-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Oaklands/Drumnacross_Lower/1729391

Andrew Fullerton who died in 1887-
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FT49-B6J
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Wow thank you adhadowey :)
That is a lot of info to digest etc.
Please excuse my ignorance but I am a bit confused though with Drumnacross County Tyrone as when I google it it shows that it is over near Donegal a bit away from Tyrone...would that be right??
I will endeavour to find as many birth/marriage/death certificates/records (if any) so as I can to find out more info on them all.
You have been a marvelous help to me.....researching is like a treasure hunt and the prize is getting to know you ancestors that you never knew :D
Thank you.....appreciate you help for now any if any in the future
Heather
Warr