Author Topic: Late grandmother Irene Katie Jenkins know as Katie age 22 in 1936  (Read 3954 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Late grandmother Irene Katie Jenkins know as Katie age 22 in 1936
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

Are you saying that from age 14 (born 1913 so 1927?) to 1936 she lived exclusively in Bethnal Green?

The reason I ask is that you used the phrase "returned to Wales".

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You canít give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 08:06 BST (UK) »
Ray Farby's index letters on the ER show that she is a married woman, so Ray is likely to be short for Rachael nee Goldstein (see the marriage found earlier).  "Dw" means that she has a voting qualification through her husband's occupation. "Rw" (which also applies to Katie in 1936) is a woman's qualification by residence.

FreeBMD shows five Farby/Goldstein births registered in east and north London 1930-1943.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline christineowen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Yes she went to Bethnal green at the age of 14 (in 1927) then returned to Wales in 1936 winen the babY was 6months old.  She went with her sister Jenette Jenkins who also worked there but I
don't know where.  Has I said Katie worked as a kitchen maid and apparently the people she worked for own a clothing factory.

Thanks for the I for on The Farby's nee Goldstein

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was Jenette older?

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You canít give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline christineowen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

No Jenette was younger, but not sure of her age, again this is why I haven't been able to find her on
er.

Offline christineowen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 October 14 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hi. Me again.  Well I am having no luck.  I know it's so alon ago and a big ask but there must be somebody out here whos will know something.  My grandmother would have been carry this child while worki g at 39 Approach  rd, Bethnal Green, then went to 214 Cambridge road hospital to have , the. Back to Approach road with a baby boy and stayed there for 6months

If anyone know of Phillip and Ray Farby (nee Goldstein) who lived at that address from 1935-to 1938
And have any information on them  like children's etc or anybody to might know something about a mother returning with a baby. Please please get in touch.  I would really like to know who my grandfather was and what happen in is life, possible aunts, uncle and cousins we have never know about.

Offline christineowen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 03 November 14 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Anyone out there had grandparents with the names of Phillip and Ray Farby who lived in the Bethnal Green area between 1932-1938

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 November 14 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It may be better to, either, start a new topic, with there names in the title, or amend the title on this, to include there names

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find out any information on persons who lived at 39 Approach road, Bethnal Green between 1935-1936.  I know there was a Phillip Farby and Ray Farby, who lived at that address from 1935 to 1938.  Also in 1936 there also lived there Arthur Frederick Haydon and Louisa Ivy Haydon.  If you are a relative of these or know any think please reply.
hi there yesterday I got a email from Natalie Owen wich I did reply to.
My great granddad George Herbert walker was a illegitimate child of Emily Walker he was born in 27 and a half meriden road Birmingham in 1886 he died in the middlesex area march 3  1951 I don't no if there is a link there considering George Herbert walker is a illegitimate child.
But if I give you a list of names I hope this might help.
I'm going to start with my dad's side of the family.
My great granddad was Robert Edward foreman born March 2 1905 he was born in Marylebone, London he died in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England February 1982 he was married to my great nan Lydia ingarfield they had 3 children my grand Robert Edward foreman.
Now I'm going over to my dad's mums side of the family.
George ridge hamerton he was born in London October 26 1901 he had 2 children from he's previous marriage to  Mary a Doyle.
There children was called George hamerton born 1923 he's sister was Joan burrows born hamerton she was born in bermondsey, Surrey in 1925.

George ridge hamerton married my great nan Florence gilham
There children was called
My nan Renna voilet hamerton she  married my grandad Robert Edward foreman
Her brother was called Ron hamerton but I think Ron was just a nick name and he died before my great nan died as I never met him but I did met hes wife Ann hamerton.
The youngest sibling is della Marshall born hamerton she is still very much with us I have asked her about the email I got sent yesterday and she knows nothing about the family.

Now over to my mums dad side of the family.
William Hambridge born in 1883 in Birmingham Warwickshire he married Sarah ann Thompson. William hambridge died in Ealing August 28th 1964.
William hambridge and Sarah Ann Thompson had a few children and one of them was my grandad Joseph Samuel hambridge born 20th April 1915 who was born in Wharf braunston. My grandad died in brentford July 17th 1992.
Now over to my mums mum side of the family.
My great granddad was George Herbert walker was a illegitimate child of Emily Walker as I have already given details above but what I can tell you is he married he married Ada Byfield.
They had a 7 children 2 of them I never knew existed one of there children was my nan hannah walker who married my grandad Joseph Samuel hambridg.

But what I can tell you is my mums side of the family was Barge men and coal miner as that's what they did for a living from Birmingham to Brentford as my mum side of the family traveled up and down the canal.

So my suggestion is go on what ever website you did your dna on put the surnames above in the search bar and see what happens cause I would like to know myself how close of cousins we are as I'm on myHeritage and 23andme health.

I hope this helps.
Kind regards Mrs kirsty Laghaney