Author Topic: William Pring of Devon Born circa 1777  (Read 6831 times)

Offline Darwin

• RootsChat Senior
  • My mother
    • View Profile
Re: William Pring of Devon Born circa 1777
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 October 14 11:49 BST (UK) »
I think the incentive to marry young was linked to their first child being born 3 months after the wedding. ;)
Devon: Sloman & Parsons
Banffshire: McGregor & Ogg
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Darwin

• RootsChat Senior
  • My mother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 October 14 15:06 BST (UK) »
It looks like William's widow Elizabeth remarried in 1838.

Littleham Marriage Register records that Elizabeth Pring (widow) married Charles Pile (widower) - profession 'Gentleman'. Her residence was Littleham and his was Ottery St Mary. 18 October 1838

1841 census shows them living in hamlet of Tipton (within parish of Ottery St Mary) and gives her age as 55, which is consistent with Elizabeth (Taylor) Pring's birth.

30 January 1845, Elizabeth Pile aged 59 from Ottery St Mary was buried at Littleham (Exmouth).

William & Elizabeth Pring's daughter Mary Ann married George Partridge in Littleham on 15th October 1835
Devon: Sloman & Parsons
Banffshire: McGregor & Ogg
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline grimpring

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 19 September 18 06:20 BST (UK) »
After spending a lot of time trying to find where and when William was baptised, I did a 67 marker YDNA test and had some Prings I had met in England do the same.
The results told me that my William's family had been originally from Awliscombe in Devon.
When I traced back through multiple families around that date, Chudleigh came up as the only viable answer as it was evident that the family had come from Awliscombe.
Autosomal DNA testing was useless for anyone more than about two generations, so I was pleased that YDNA went back multiple hundreds of years.
Now all I need is an answer to my mother's line through MTDNA testing.