Author Topic: Walsh Family of Mudgee  (Read 5648 times)

Offline Tabjayne07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walsh Family of Mudgee
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 April 18 06:15 BST (UK) »
I know your post in regards ti the Walsh Family of Mudgee is somewhat dated now.. but i just wanted to comtact you in regards to it..
I live on the property Havilah on lue rd.. i have been doing a bit of exploring as i am only new to the area.. i have a small cemetery ontop of my hill that has many headstones.. some of children/adults.  A few last names but mainly "Walsh".. the dates in the cemetry date back to the 1800.. one being a Thomas Walsh..
I came across your post as i was interested in the history of the families buried here.. i typed in walsh family of Havilah and your post was one of the first things that popped up.. the dates seem to match but i do need to go back up and see the year of DOB..
The thomas walsh who has a headstone here states he was a father of 10 children leaving behind a widow...
I do believe there is a bridget Walsh and 100% certain a Mary Walsh (child aged)

I am not sure if maybe this is the family you have been looking for? Ir have already foudlnd.

Thabkyou
Tj

Offline amolly

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 April 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
I know your post in regards ti the Walsh Family of Mudgee is somewhat dated now.. but i just wanted to comtact you in regards to it..
I live on the property Havilah on lue rd.. i have been doing a bit of exploring as i am only new to the area.. i have a small cemetery ontop of my hill that has many headstones.. some of children/adults.  A few last names but mainly "Walsh".. the dates in the cemetry date back to the 1800.. one being a Thomas Walsh..
I came across your post as i was interested in the history of the families buried here.. i typed in walsh family of Havilah and your post was one of the first things that popped up.. the dates seem to match but i do need to go back up and see the year of DOB..
The thomas walsh who has a headstone here states he was a father of 10 children leaving behind a widow...
I do believe there is a bridget Walsh and 100% certain a Mary Walsh (child aged)

I am not sure if maybe this is the family you have been looking for? Ir have already foudlnd.

Thabkyou
Tj

Hi TJ, I am a descendant of the Walsh family (James Walsh) from Havilah. You should definitely take some photos of those headstones on your property.  I know that James was buried in the Mudgee cemetery but I am looking for information going back a little further and the headstones on your property sound very interesting and may possibly be a link on my side. Hope to hear from you.
A.

Offline Tabjayne07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 April 18 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi A.
Im not entirley sure how to work this site.. i am more than happy to take some photos for you. I have a list saved to my phone of all the bames on headstones in the little cemetery on my hill..
Id love to be able to chat to you and send you through some of the information i have.. could we possibly exchange emails or facebook if you have it?

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 21 April 18 10:05 BST (UK) »
After 2/3 posts are made by new members the PM system is activated and you can exchange email addresses privately :)

Welcome to Rootschat, Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Suegrady

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 June 18 11:54 BST (UK) »
I am related to the GRADY FAMILY also buried in the little cemetery on the hill at Havilah.  Margaret Emma grady was my GG grandmother.  I have done quite a bit of research into this family however through my ancestry DNA I have many many matches to Walshes as well.  I’m just wondering if there is any crossover between the two families.  Margaret Emma grady was married to Michael Grady and lived on Habilah for many years and had children there.  I would appreciate anything you are able to tell me about either family.   I did contact the Whites of Havilah but didn’t get a response. 
Kind regards
Sue Grady

Offline Graeme Walsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 February 21 22:39 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendent of Thomas Walsh and would really enjoy any photos or information on this family I am the grandson of Beverly Walsh who was the son Arthur Thomas Charles Walsh
Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated
Thank You
Graeme Charles Walsh

Offline Graeme Walsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 February 21 02:15 GMT (UK) »
Any help would be greatly appreciated