Author Topic: 2 boats liverpool to philedelphia 1905. same children  (Read 2545 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
2 boats liverpool to philedelphia 1905. same children
« on: Tuesday 14 October 14 14:27 BST (UK) »
I was looking at passenger lists for possible relatives leaving GB
i came across these 2 children with such unusual names and wondered why they would be listed twice going from Liverpool to Philedelphia

The first has Devore Fellman aged 6 born 1899
and Jochebad Fellman aged 3
and geolalia aged 2 
All on the  "Westmorland"  passengers are listed individually + I haven't got credit to see the image couldn't find the adults who correspond  but on next page is Jochelbed Fellman age 3 b1902
and Dwowe Fellman aged 6 b1899     on the "Noordland" also Liverpool - Philedelphia
must be same brother + sister despite different spellings
surely not 2 trips in one year ??
Any explanation ?
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 2 boats liverpool to philedelphia 1905. same children
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hello,
They are marked 'Rejected' on the Westernland image.

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 15:01 BST (UK) »
The Noordland voyage was on 10th November ; Devore 6 , Jochelbed 3 and Eosie 16 travelled. On the earlier attempt the parents were Chaim and Rivka ( I think ! )

Christine

PS The arrivals manifest for the earlier voyage has them marked N.O.B.( not on board ). They were Russians who had been in London for 2 months , going out to a relative , Bromlaw L Specter, in New Hampshire.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 15:35 BST (UK) »
Wow that's amazing that you can find all that .They could be connected to my Fellmans  who were Russians too .
The name Dvora has come up before in a 1880 death database from Latvia(then Russia) one of my ggfather's sisters
I know some Jewish families only name children after dead relatives .
  Could you also find the parents of Leiser aged 2 b1908 with Moishe aged 4 with sheike age 1 travelling from  from Glasgow in 1910 to new york on the Columbia ?
My ggfathers father was called Leizer-mendel so this child could have been named after him (I don't know where he went after 1891 think he was alive in 1894 as not listed as deceased on daughter's marriage cert

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 15:56 BST (UK) »
Ruchel Fellmann 25 married housekeeper
Moische 4
Leiser 2
Scheike 1

nearest relative in country from which they came is father/grandfather Jankel Joska of the town of Basyli

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 18:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks ; i just found Ruchel on migration + shipping lists of GR but don't have credits to see image ;
I.m assuming this is a woman's name ...maybe they were going out to be with husband

I'll have to look up Basyli I don't know which country this is . could be my ggfather's young sister-in law .some of his siblings were at least 15 years younger than him

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 18:19 BST (UK) »
Christine thanks so much for looking ;
I found possible parents for Jachelbad+ Dwowe listed  as \Chail aged 44 and Birka aged 42 b1833 on westternland posting

\interestingly there is also a Sore R Fellman aged 16 b1889  I wonder if he was NOB too
as there is a Sore B Fellman aged 16 b1889 same yr on the "Merion" which is the same boat as lazurus Fellman aged 18 b1887 there is also a Zachermil,age 11   
Do you just have to guess who the parents are ??

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 19:20 BST (UK) »
The manifest lists name , age , sex and married or single , but not the relationship between the individuals. In the case of Ruchel I have looked at the next page which lists further information on the form which is too  big to fit on one image. This states that they are going to Omaha , Nebraska to join Sucher Fellmann husband / father. I've had a quick look at the US census but can't spot them. There is a lot of variation in spellings and many people with the same names. Have you tried looking at the US records on familysearch ? They have the US census and some passenger lists.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 19:48 BST (UK) »
 can't  look for George jacob's brothers + sisters without knowing their dates of births or ages .I don't know whether any of them did go to USA at all .
It was just that the Lazurus/lieser + Dvora first name links  . Fellman's are quite rare in USA I've mostly come across Feldman spellings. as for first name spellings they are anglisized a lot .
Basily seems to be in Poland.There is no record of a marriage for  Ruchel+ Sucher or their childrens births in GB so i'm guessing they were just transitting thru GB .
Could the  Lazuris Fellman  age 18 be  travelling with younger siblings  on the "Merion" in 1905 from Liverpool to Philadelphia I can see a Sore b aged 16,zacharil aged 11 listed but can't see any adult fellman names