Author Topic: Duff of Blantyre(Scotland)  (Read 990 times)

Offline gxwilson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duff of Blantyre(Scotland)
« on: Wednesday 15 October 14 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hello All,
Looking for anyone with knowledge of the the family of William Duff(1812-1908) m. Jane Mair or Moir.
They had at least three(3) children Hugh, Agnes and Robert(1841-1906) m. Margaret Peden(1843-1906).
They(Robert and Margaret) had maybe nine(9) children. William(1870-1956) m. Barbara Richmond, my grandparents.
Wm. and Barbara had seven(7) children:
Helen "Nellie" b 1899 m. Clifford Keenan of PEI Canada, Margaret "Maggie" b. 1901 m. Freddie Quinn,
Janet "Jennie" b. 1905 m. Bill Carruthers, Hughie (1906-2002), John "Jock" (19109-1998) m. Jean.
Also, William b. 1903.
Then there is my mother Barbara Richmond Duff(1911 - 1984) m. William Ballantyne Wilson.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Duff of Blantyre(Scotland)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 October 14 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi and Welcome what sort of information are you looking for ? ...Is that your tree on Ancestry with lots of information ...I see from all the information William Duff married a Helen Mair is that a misprint Jane ? :)

Offline gxwilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Duff of Blantyre(Scotland)
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 October 14 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,
I am looking to connect with any family members or find more information that may lead to family connections. I would like to expand the family story.
Yes, I am on ancestry. My main tree is wilson of penilee.
The name Mair or Moir is shown on the marriage cert. of Robert Duff and it should read Helen and not Jane.
Sorry for the error.
Gordon