Author Topic: De Rinzy - Turbett  (Read 6846 times)

Offline garthj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: De Rinzy - Turbett
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 March 15 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks _ I will follow your suggestions.
No clues as to the early history of the Turbett/Turbitt/Turbott family I suppose?

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 March 15 04:15 GMT (UK) »
No clues as to the early history of the Turbett/Turbitt/Turbott family I suppose?

I am afraid that if they are not from Wexford then they are quite foreign to me! Sorry.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 March 15 18:02 GMT (UK) »

I just want to note that the James Harward De Rinzy of your original query is specifically listed in the  family pedigree provided in the edition of Burke's Landed Gentry that I linked to.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Mehrtsgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 November 17 22:33 GMT (UK) »
With regard to De Rinzy. My great grandmother was Ann Darenzy (spelt variously) and she certainly was not landed gentry as far as I can tell. She was married to a Holohan in Dublin and ended up living in Carlow and that's about all we know. Perhaps, as with many landed gentry families, she is from the family branch that came upon bad times and ended up hanging lower on the tree?  ::)
Holohan, Darenzy (various), Farmer, Peacock, Formby, Hannon, Parsons

Offline garthj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 November 17 03:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply.

Since I posted my questions I have found out a little bit more about the De Rinzys. James Harward De Rinzy, civil engineer, married Elizabeth Turbitt in the Clogher Cathedral, County Tyrone, 24 July 1867. It seems possible that the marriage was not welcomed by his family. At the time, he had been living at Ballinroan House, County Wicklow. His father was Matthew Thomas De Rinzy of Clobemon Hall, County Wicklow and his mother Jane Richards Jessop.

The married couple left shortly after for India. They had a son Harwood Jessop Edwards De Rinzy, born in Allahabad, Bengal. I am not sure how long they lived in India but they returned to England at some time. James died in London in 1903 and Elizabeth in Dorset in 1906.

This is all I know. I hope it may be of some use to you in sorting out your family tree.

Kind regards,

John Turbott

Offline Mehrtsgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 November 17 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks John Turbott. Do you mind me asking if you have done your DNA? I think my hunt for 'my' Darenzys has come down to the DNA wire now.  :-[
Holohan, Darenzy (various), Farmer, Peacock, Formby, Hannon, Parsons

Offline garthj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 November 17 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I have tested with both Ancestry and FamilyTree. I am happy to exchange information but I think we are supposed to correspond directly, not in a public forum.
I will figure out how this is done.

Regards,

John Turbott

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline garthj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 November 17 02:34 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks