Author Topic: Berry Family DNA Project  (Read 2622 times)

Offline langolier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Berry Family DNA Project
« on: Friday 01 July 05 14:39 BST (UK) »
This message is directed to all Berry (all spellings) surnamed persons.

I am co-coordinator and webmaster of the Berry Family DNA Project, http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~langolier/BerryDNA/dna_home.html, which at present has 44 members. 

Unfortunately, all of our members to this point are from the States.  From these, we have identified 21 separate and unrelated Berry lines but very few, if any, have been able to connect back with Ireland.

I know it would help us, and am hopeful someone over here will be able to recognize and point out how participation by Irish Berry folks will help further your genealogical research also.

I can easily imagine how interesting it would be to find Irish and Scottish Berrys with the same Y-DNA and thus related.

I invite you to take a look at the site and consider joining and being tested.  The test is a simple oral swab but since the object of the test is Y-DNA it can only be done on males.  You ladies will need to find and enlist a Berry surnamed father, brother, uncle or cousin to take the test for you.

As always, the downside is that the test is not free.  Our tests are administered by Family Tree DNA.  You can also take a look at their price schedule from the site to determine if it would be worthwhile to join.

Please take a look, and I will be happy to try to answer any questions about the  Project that you might have.

Thanks,

jim berry