Author Topic: Hallburn Workhouse - Records for my 2xGreat Grandfather  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Jueb1962

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hallburn Workhouse - Records for my 2xGreat Grandfather
« on: Saturday 18 October 14 12:53 BST (UK) »
I would really appreciate finding any workhouse related records for my 2x Great Grandfather's stay at Hallburn Workhouse where he died on 20th November 1904. 

In particular, I am trying to find out how long he was in the workhouse.

He was living as a boarder at Ullermire, Hethersgill, Kirklinton in the 1901 census.

His death certificate states cause of death was Senile Decay, Atheroma of artheries, Senile Dementia 1 1/2 months..... so the 1 1/2 months could be a clue. 

His name was John Percival, he was 84 when he died, formerly a stone mason of Smithfield, Kirklinton.

Many many thanks to whoever is kind enough to take the time....I would really appreciate a copy of any register entry relating to John.

Julie
Jones: Stockton, Durham,Maesmynis in Breconshire.
Laroche: Stockton on Tees; Liverpool; Quebec, Canada
Conick: Glamorgan
Trattles: NYorkshire
Jonathan: Caernarvonshire, Wales & Liverpool,
Briggs: Finghall & NYorks
Caygill: NYorks
Wright:Fylingdales
Binks: Finghall, NYorks
Brough: Staffordshire, Cheshire & Middlesbrough
Percival, Black, Tinning: Rockcliffe, Arthuret Cumberland
Bradley: Gilling & Barton, NYorks
Simpson, Bell, Latham: Liverpool, Lancashire

Offline clearly

• RootsChat Senior
  • If we understand the past we understand the future
    • View Profile
Re: Hallburn Workhouse - Records for my 2xGreat Grandfather
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 October 14 22:03 GMT (UK) »
The records for the Longtown (Hallburn) Workhouse are very sparse and mainly refer to administrative matters after the First World War. There are no admission registers extant and only a couple or so records referring to individuals survive. Sorry, but I can't think of any other records that could help you.
Forster Cul, Harrison Cul, Wood Cul Yks, Castley Cul & Wes, Lorimer Cul and Perth,Innis Cul, Casson, Cul, Johnston,Cul & Nfk, Carruthers Cul, Ewart Cul, Jardine Cul & Dmf, Story Cul, ONeill Cul & NI, Davis Cul & Ldn,