Author Topic: CGN Marriage Lookup - JONES, Caron  (Read 2420 times)

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
CGN Marriage Lookup - JONES, Caron
« on: Friday 01 July 05 16:00 BST (UK) »
According to the IGI, Thomas Jones, was christened in Bwlch-y gwynt Calvanistic Methodist Chapel in Caron-Is-Y-Clawdd on 22. Sept 1822. His parents were Thomas Jones and Hannah.

I couldn't find any christenings for other children of Thomas and Hannah, so I think Thomas jr must have been an only child. Thomas and Hannah would hence have married between 1820 and 1822.

I'm also looking for a marriage of Anne (surname unknown) to a Thomas Wood, around 1828, maybe in Cwmrheidol, as this is where Anne was born in 1809.

Anything is appreciated.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: CGN Marriage Lookup - JONES, Caron
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 July 05 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The only marriage of a Thomas Jones and Hannah I could find in N. Cardiganshire was

28 August 1813 between Thomas Jones and Hannah Thomas in the Parish of Llanilar both of that parish.

Better luck on the next one:

12 December 1828 in the Parish of Ysbyty Ystwyth between Thomas Wood of that parish and Anne Davies of the Parish of Gwnnws.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 July 05 12:49 BST (UK) »
Diolch Dave,

I could well be posting a couple more shortly  ;)
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 July 05 13:06 BST (UK) »
If possible send all together.   My records are on microfiche and I use a reader elsewhere, so answers will take a few days.
Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire