Author Topic: OFFER : NSW State Records Office - photos of probates and divorces  (Read 47099 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OFFER : NSW State Records Office - photos of probates and divorces
« Reply #234 on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:29 BST (UK) »
Ros, it appears to be the right Shooberts. Bruce and Marjorie Roddick are buried together in Woolongong
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:32 BST (UK) »
I'm confused too Deirdre  :)

Oh good just saw your post that it was the correct Bruce  :)

Well maybe it will be clearer after I have photographed some of the probates .... they *should* contain death certs, wills and more info about heirs.   Occasionally they contain extra certs, such as death of first wife, marriage to second wife etc .... (let's hope so  :) )

I was hoping to get to Archives in about 8 days.   But just now they announced that we have 18 new  covid cases in NSW - only some of these are from travellers already in enforced quarantine and some others from known sources which leaves several others with an unknown source.   So now we are being strongly advised to stay home and not make unnecessary trips.   Well this may change in a week or so ... but at the moment it may be a while before I can get there  :(
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the update. Annoying when plans have to change but understandable. Our local archives aren’t open yet and travel restrictions (in Wales) are only lifting slowly. Great we can do so much online, keeps us busy. I think i need to print out all the death notices etc and see if it helps sort people out. Strange though, just realised, Marjorie Shoobert died before Thomas Stewart yet is not mentioned 🤔 
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Sunday 19 July 20 11:53 BST (UK) »
Glad you understand Deirdre  :)  I love Wales - my son-in-law and his family are from LLanfairfechan where we have spent some lovely holidays.

Perhaps we should look at Betty - er umm maybe Elizabeth ...?
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Sunday 19 July 20 12:00 BST (UK) »
No problems, Ros. We appreciate your efforts and if there are delays we all understand. Keep smiling and keep safe! Geoff

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Sunday 19 July 20 12:01 BST (UK) »
I'm in Cardiff and not been to Llanfairfechan sadly, but great to know that you have been here to visit  :)

Which Betty? Maud's daughter?

Offline Joe Costello

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: Monday 07 December 20 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Good news!  :)  :D

The Archives have reopened with 3.5 hour appointments and I have booked one for next week.  :)

I hope to satisfy requests from Joe, Lucy and Meg ... and maybe DCS and Jackie (if there is time).

Have I overlooked any requests from before April? 

I should be able to catch up very soon  :)

Ros

G'day Ros,

How ya doing ?

How did you go with my requests ? 
Costello, Irvine, Cahill, Fleming, Allen, Hawke, Dyball, Dawes, Moss, Carruthers

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Monday 07 December 20 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe,
   All is going well.  :)

I did the Toms divorce, the Bishop divorce and the Sawtell divorce back in June.  Did you not receive a link to the photographs?   No matter I can send them again.   Or is there another request which I have missed?

Ros

Offline emanon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Monday 04 January 21 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi i am aftefr information on rita agnes le conway married to alfred heath and patricia nestor heath if i may be added to your list please,

thank you very much