Author Topic: Boyd Family  (Read 4982 times)

Offline jaild

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd Family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 October 14 13:14 BST (UK) »
The certificate states the "Declaration duly made and published as by law required  and with the written consent of"  signed by Annie Salisbury, mother of Sarah Brown.    The signature of Annie is a different writing to that of the rest of the certificate and the other witnesses.  The certificate is signed by David Buckley Bridgood, Minister of the Weselyn Church Wangaratta.

Joan

Offline janey glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 December 14 07:36 GMT (UK) »
I have a thread running on Ancestry.com regarding Mary Brown/Smith/Foote.  Mary, my great grandmother, was a daughter of Henry Brown and Annie Boyd.  I am also having no luck with death notices for Henry or Annie but have been given a huge amount of help through collaborating on Ancestry.com     I have most of the info posted following the initial post but am trying to find more about Mary.  She married my great grandfather Joseph Ambrose Smith in 1895 and when he died in 1897, she married John Foote in 1900.  John Foote died in 1926 and the last I know of Mary is that she was living at Lakes Entrance, Bairnsdale in 1954 but with whom?  Maybe a new husband but nobody left in my family who can tell me. Mary had a son, William Alexander in 1893 (my grandfather) and he claims Joseph Ambrose Smith as his father, but I have no proof of this.  His birth registration does not name a father, though William Alexander claims him as such when he marries my grandmother in 1919.

Offline jaild

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 December 14 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janey glen

This sounds very interesting, I would like you to email me at (*) to go into this family further, I have some more information that may be helpful to you.
Regards  Joan

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Carolbea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 August 16 05:27 BST (UK) »
Anyone out there with info on this line?
Interested in this Boyd family line and if anyone has been able to find deaths for Ann Boyd and Henry Brown or Ann Brown and William Salisbury or the possible marriage mentioned.
Have a huge brick wall for deaths in this family. Cannot find Ann Boyd father Ewen sometimes known as Hugh Boyd and his second wife Mary Cameron, either possibly in Scotland or did they join three children in Victoria?

Offline jaild

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 August 16 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I can help with some information on the Boyd family but I am on holidays and away from home, will contact you when I return in early September.
Regards. joan

Offline Carolbea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 August 16 22:34 BST (UK) »
Happy holidays and look forward to networking.  A marriage certificate just received indicates that the brother Alexander married Sarah Jane Burrows in Melbourne Victoria 1873 so that is four from this Boyd family in Victoria. Marriage certificate indicates their father  Hugh Boyd was an "Innkeeper". Where ? could not find him in 1861 Scotland census.  Strike any bells with anyone? 

Offline janey glenn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 August 16 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Carolbea

I see you have had a response from jaild;  she and I corresponded on this family last year. She probably has more info than me, including corroborating paperwork, but if you want to compare notes with me, please email: 

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 August 16 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi janey glenn and welcome, but you need to remove your e-mail address in accordance with rootschat policy - see post #11 above

brigau