Author Topic: Brafield on the Green Baptism 1805  (Read 2402 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Brafield on the Green Baptism 1805
« on: Wednesday 22 October 14 23:21 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access please to the original Brafield on the Green baptism register for 1805? 

According to an ancestry tree there should be a baptism of a Kerenehappuch Atterbury on 14 October 1805 but I can't find it on the Northants Baptism Index.  The source on the ancestry tree states from the parish register.  She definitely married as Atterbury, her first marriage being to John Westley on 29 September 1828.  She married again in 1843 to William Barker, listed on the tree as 27 Feb 1843, all in Brafield on the Green.  Benjamin Atterbury was buried there on 7 August 1805 so she could have been born posthumously.  I'd be interested to know if she was actually baptised as Atterbury as am following a sideline.

Any help appreciated.  I don't need any other information on this family.

Thanks

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brafield on the Green Baptism 1805
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 October 14 00:00 BST (UK) »
This is from the baptism index - Brafield
Carey   ATBURY   d   Benjamin   Elizabeth   1804   14-Sep
different date though.

I can look at the pr next week, maybe someone else can do it before

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 October 14 01:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Marilyn, wouldn't surprise me if the parish clerk got the name wrong, surname and first name. :-\  I've seen quite a view variations over the years. ;D  Mind you I suspect most parish clerks weren't familiar with the name Kerenhappuch anyway.

I suspect the ancestry tree owner may have got the month and year wrong as the day is obviously the same but, if nobody else is able to check, I'd be grateful if you could check the PR at some point. 

For some reason I didn't extract the Brafield Atterburys when I originally looked at the registers over 10 years ago, just some other names even though I was extracting them from other parishes at the same time. :-X

Many thanks.

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 October 14 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Well it just shows I don't know what PRs I have on microfiche, although to be honest have done little in Northamptonshire for the last 10 years or more. :-X  Still not sure why I could find any notes on the Brafield Atterbury family but just had  a look at my fiche and I make the baptism date for Carey Atbury (ie. Kerenhappuch Atterbury) 14 Oct 1804, which does still mean that the ancestry tree has the wrong year.

Thanks Marilyn for your help. ;D