Author Topic: BENSON family emigrated to South Africa  (Read 4325 times)

Offline webb1e

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
BENSON family emigrated to South Africa
« on: Friday 01 July 05 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hello listers,

My great-grandmother was Amelia Priscilla BENSON, probably born about 1860 (estimated from husband's bith date). Family rumour has it that her family emigrated from Ireland (no further details) to South Africa. I don't know if she was born in Ireland or South Africa, nor do I know her parents' names.
If anyone has any information about any BENSON emigrating to South Africa in the 1800s, I'd be grateful.

Thanks very much,

John

Moderator's Note: please see thread on Ireland-General board:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,70367.msg287990.html#msg287990

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BENSON family emigrated to South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 July 05 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, John,
Have you any more names, fathers, mothers, son, dtrs, dates, full names help, and also dates.

Best wishes,
Jack

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline webb1e

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: BENSON family emigrated to South Africa
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 July 05 11:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Jack,

I'm afraid I don't have any further information about Amelia Priscilla, it really is a needle in a haystack. I've tried to find details of her baptism in South Africa, which would at least give her parents' names, but so far have had no luck. If I do get any more info, I'll repost my query, which hopefully would narrow things down a bit,

Regards,

John