Author Topic: Help in finding a name?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline ClementsM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help in finding a name?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 November 14 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Good news! and thanks very much for your help
I had ordered the birth certificate for George Montague Clements which arrived over the weekend and this confirms that he is the person that I am looking.
George’s birth cert contains the same birth address / parents’ names of my grandfather’s so this almost certainly confirms he was the brother of my grandfather.
I will be ordering the death certificate per your recommendation in surrey 1993.
The next question I have for you – my main objective with ordering the death cert will be in hope that the name of his wife (if he married) will be on the cert so I can then order the married certificate +birth cert of their children
My ultimate aim is to ascertain whether George Montague Clements had any children + grandchildren
Any advice on how I can achieve obtaining the names of George’s children + Grand children?
Thank you,
Marcus

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 November 14 14:24 GMT (UK) »
You could also check to see if he left a Will, if so that might provide you with details of any children he had, plus surviving widow if any.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 November 14 14:27 GMT (UK) »
The death certificate will only show his wife's name if she is the informant of the death.

If you search for marriages of George M Clements on FreeBMD you'll find one in 1948 and one in 1949.  But of course these may be some other George.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)