Author Topic: where to look  (Read 1914 times)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: where to look
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Uncle Joseph

I was thinking that Joseph was his eldest brother
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 October 14 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Interesting that there are 2 army files for William Collins 48071 - one in the "service" records and one in the "pension" records.

Per the "pension" file his pre war service was mostly in Ireland and he was at Clonmel from December 1907 until October 1911. So he should be in the Irish census for 1911 but I can't find him as yet.

http://tinyurl.com/kbzfoek
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mike coll

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 October 14 12:10 GMT (UK) »
 Your right Shaun it is brother not uncle. Somewhere along the way i must have said to family josephs an uncle or something and it became "fact", lesson 2 attention to detail . It made me look at a few things though .
 1891 census Martha Collins is widowed , 1899 marriage brother Joseph to Alice Haddock and Josephs father Thomas John Collins is there not listed deceased .
  Marthas son joseph was born Rochdale , in 1911 Salford census brother Joseph is born Warrington .
 Marthas son William is born 1882 all other information on army marriage etc birth year 1883/4 .
  Beginning to think Martha Nicholls is not the answer but an earlier suggestion born elswhere brought up St Matthias still sounds right , need to look outside Salford . Other thing making it tricky is no variety in names , my family and generally it is riddled with John William and Thomas .
  At least i now know mothers name and fathers full name i dont expect you to waste more of your time, once again thanks everyone.Mike.