Author Topic: Etherell/Edward Savory  (Read 4446 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Etherell/Edward Savory
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 August 20 14:04 BST (UK) »
HMM - interesting.  I had wondered if Agnes Leith could have been a sister or a cousin, but I doubt it if this Agnes was born in Japan!! 

Edward's Attestation papers say that he is married, and wife Agnes is in Hamilton, Ontario - in 1915.
http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/first-world-war-1914-1918-cef/Pages/image.aspx?Image=085257a&URLjpg=http%3a%2f%2fdata2.archives.ca%2fcef%2fgat2%2f085257a.gif&Ecopy=085257a

From the passenger lists you found, it looks like his Agnes died between 1915 and 1928. 

RK

Hi again,

Have you seen Edward's full military file?  If not, you can see it here. 

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/personnel-records/Pages/item.aspx?IdNumber=215353

His  next of kin is listed as wife Agnes in Hamilton, but on some papers as his sister Marie in Kings Lynn Norfolk.   He has a Will in here leaving everything to his sister.   Reading through the file - on a page called Separation Allowance (about 2/3 of the way through the file) is a note that says the pay to Agnes was "suspended wife misbehaving per ruling 8/9/17"

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 August 20 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I just had a look on familysearch for records for people surnamed Savory, born in Hamilton after 1913 (if before, we would have been able to find a birth record). 

There is a Lillian Emily Savery, who was born in Hamilton, ON on Sept 2 1915.  She entered the USA at the Windsor/Detroit crossing in 1923 under the name Lillian Surridge.  She married Jerome Sigmund in Detroit in 1939. 

You can see her Petition for Naturalization on familysearch. 

I wonder if she might be one of the children? 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 August 20 14:56 BST (UK) »
Maybe not....I can see her with mother Emily Surridge and brother Ernest entering the USA in 1923.   Mother doesn't appear to be Agnes. 

RK

Offline Olleyke

• RootsChat Senior
  • Margaret Ann & Frederick Marston, Emmeline Pike
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 01 August 20 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hi RK,

Was just having a look through the link you sent, it gave us a new address that we didn't know his sister lived at so thank you :)

Regarding his children, my mum was told by another family member that he had 1 boy and 1 girl, although nothing has been proven.

Thank you for your help, I'm not very good with searching records outside of the UK :)

Kirsty
BLYTH - Norwich, Bradford
BUCK - Horsham St Faiths
DERBYSHIRE - Lancashire, Leeds
EASTO - Bungay, Diss, Fressingfield, Norwich
EDGE - South Creake
HOLMES - Crostwick, Norwich
JACOBS - Norwich, Tasburgh
LANDAMORE - Old Catton
MANN - Aylsham, Norwich
MURRELL - Norwich
OLLEY - Norwich, Fulham, Great Yarmouth, Hammersmith, Skeyton