Author Topic: Presteigne death 1960/70 ish  (Read 6794 times)

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
Re: Presteigne death 1960/70 ish
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 December 14 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Larry (Lawrence, Laurence) Davies (Davis) lived and died in Presteigne.  To find his approx. date of birth I am trying to find his death. After days of trawling the various site I have come up with nothing and lets face it, he has got to be there somewhere. This was, according to the family between 1960 and 1970 ish.  I have just sent for one of his children's birth cert. (from 1917)  but this won't tell me how old he was.  The death could have been registered in Kington Herefordshire or Ludlow Shropshire but he definitely died in Presteigne.

Thank you for looking.
[/quote

Can't say too much at moment cos I am typing this on husband's phone but I think that your Davies family may be linked to my mother in law's family

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Presteigne death 1960/70 ish
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 December 14 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone - I have got the birth cert. for Mabel, the daughter of Larry and Sarah Ann -  her birth date was known 17 Feb 1917.  The father was registered as Henry Davies and mother Sarah Ann Booth nee Morris.  I have found them on the 1911 census in Presteigne with children Henry Davies 1, and Bertha Olive 0.  Henry 24 b. Ledbury (tree faller) and Sarah Ann 24 b. Presteigne.  (3 children 1 died).  I have found a Henry Lawson Davies b. 28 Nov 1909 died 1986 E.Radnorshire - I think this is Henry (son) and I have found a Henry Lowson Davies b.1891 Ledbury.  Also a marriage in Kidderminster between Sarah Ann Booth and Henry Davies 1908 - maybe. 

Can anyone add or support any of this?
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.