Author Topic: 14th October 1944, Cornelius Draper age 30, RAF Pilot  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
14th October 1944, Cornelius Draper age 30, RAF Pilot
« on: Wednesday 12 November 14 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Pilot OfficerTrade:PilotService No:184671Date of Death:14/10/1944

Age:30 Regiment/Service:Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve 153 Sqdn.

Grave Reference:16. C. 15.Cemetery:REICHSWALD FOREST WAR CEMETERY

Son of Cornelius George and Dorothy Draper, of Hull; husband of Kathleen Frances Draper Nee Bucknall, of Hull.

Remembered with Honour.

Carol

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline DeeBoneham

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 14th October 1944, Cornelius Draper age 30, RAF Pilot
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 14:56 GMT (UK) »
At the going down of the sun - We will remember them!!

Not sure how up to date this is (it came off the RAF Register of Associations website) but you might like to try
153 Bomber Squadron Bill Thomas, 57 Pinewood Drive, Lancaster Park, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 3ST: 01670 512387 history site http://freespace.virgin.net/onefivethree.squadron/

Dee  :)

75 (nz) Sqn
Boneham
Taylor

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Wow...Thanks so much Dee  :-*....Great for adding to the Family Tree...Fantastic background information and good to see he got a mention too. I must show this to my Son who is also RAF ( Air Crew )

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline DeeBoneham

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 December 14 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Have you had the entry from Bill Chorley's Bomber Command Losses 1944? If not PM me and I will look it up for you.  It will tell you the names of your father crew members and what time they flew out of Kirmington etc. 
Dee  :)
75 (nz) Sqn
Boneham
Taylor

Offline Pad70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 22:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks for posting this. That’s my granddad.

That picture’s hung in my parent’s hallway.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Pad and welcome to RootsChat....it's great that you have found him on here, my connection is through his wife Kathleen Francis Bucknall.
Carol

Offline Kristopher

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 29 January 21 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Cornelius George Draper jr. was my grandmother’s uncle(if my research is correct), he has an uncanny resemblance to my uncle. Also, I believe he may have a granddaughter in New York. I did a DNA/ancestry kit and she is listed as a second cousin and through contact on Facebook I’ve come to the suspicion that he likely is. Did he spend any time in Greece that anyone may know of?

Offline Korando

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 13:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for posting this. That’s my granddad.

That picture’s hung in my parent’s hallway.
Hi Pad, I came across your Grandfather’s name recently and wondered if you know any of your family tree back through the years. His Christian names feature repeatedly in our tree but the trail goes blank after the late 1700’s. I just wondered if there might be a link?