Author Topic: 1841 census Look Up  (Read 2873 times)

Offline MKRADAMS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Look Up
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 July 07 12:45 BST (UK) »
Nathaniel Adams b.1843 Antrim and other Adams had a master grocer business allegedly called Adams Bros in Kirkdale Rd, Kirkdale Liverpool, and then owned The Seasons residence 65 Anfield Rd, Liverpool and married the daughter of Rev William Wilkinson an local Liverpool Primitive Methodist minister; and a John Adams in Birkenhead and others in Wirra area.. Also, connecter are his next genetaion up, being the Adams’ gravestones immediately inside the Tullyrusk cemetery gate (apparently twins Robert Adams of Ballynacoy B.1811 and Thomas Adams of Hillhead Farm, Derrykillultagh (Hillhead Lane opposite the filterbeds, off the Lisburn to Glenavy Rd, North Ireland); also a suspected brother John Adams. I believe I am a direct descendent of Thomas Adams, some of whose offspring via his wife Catherine were John, Nathaniel, Thomas, Emma, Susannah, Katherine/Sarah went to Liverpool and set up a business, then dispersed around the globe. The Hillhead farm is now apparently split and owned by the McCartney’s, Ferguson’s and possibly Acheson, descendents of the Adams girls left behind after the boys left during the mid 1800’s for Liverpool and other parts of the world. To this extent, you will note I am located in Sydney, Australia and contactable via adams(at)mypostbox.com

If emailing please replace (at) with @
ADAMS of Liverpool, UK - Nathaniel b.1843 in Antrim & siblings - migrated and ran grocer business from Kirkdale (later Anfield), Liverpool
ADAMS of Antrim, NI - Thomas of Hillhead Farm on Glenavy Rd near Lisburn, NI, Derrykillultagh, Ballynacoy & Tullyrusk in Co.Antrim, North Ireland; also Robert of Ballnacoy.

Offline stevehughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 February 11 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Sue I'm following the Jackson tree how far did you get, I found the marriage for Joseph and elizabeth sherlock
Hughes,Lucas,Millward,McGeough,Murphy,Howard,Royle,Jackson,Webster,Holland

Offline Sue in Aust

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 February 11 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Steve

Since my initial  post in 2005 I have made considerable progress with the Jackson/Sherlock family. Is there something I can help you with?

I would be interested to know your connection to the family.
Adams/ Evans/ Jackson/Rowland/Whaley/Howard/Carlisle/Bennett Wirral Cheshire, Wheeler/ Baker/Urry/Draper Hampshire & Isle of Wight, Cummings/Wilkinson London. Borland/Clarke Scotland. Roberts/Taylor Wales. Wilkinson, Merrott/Merritt or Merret Gloucester, Wilkinson Derbyshire.

Offline stevehughes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 February 11 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
I'm married to Beryl Jackson's Daughter
Beryl is the Daughter of William Edward Jackson and Louisa Holland
William Edward Jackson is the son of Joseph Jackson and Mary Peacock
Joseph Jackson is the son of Joseph Jackson and Elizabeth Davies
Joseph Jackson is the son of Joseph Jackson and Elizabeth Sherlock

any info would be a help
I know Joseph and Elizabeths marriage at St Peters in 1841 and Josephs Parents were William and Mary
but have nothing else on them or even dates for other marriages
Many thanks Steve
Hughes,Lucas,Millward,McGeough,Murphy,Howard,Royle,Jackson,Webster,Holland

Offline Sue in Aust

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 February 11 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

I have sent you a PM.

Cheers
Sue
Adams/ Evans/ Jackson/Rowland/Whaley/Howard/Carlisle/Bennett Wirral Cheshire, Wheeler/ Baker/Urry/Draper Hampshire & Isle of Wight, Cummings/Wilkinson London. Borland/Clarke Scotland. Roberts/Taylor Wales. Wilkinson, Merrott/Merritt or Merret Gloucester, Wilkinson Derbyshire.