Author Topic: Alexander Sim, of Sim's Mills, Collooney  (Read 17414 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Sim, of Sim's Mills, Collooney
« Reply #18 on: Monday 14 August 17 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I am great granddaughter of Eva Sim, daughter of Alexander and Alexandrina Sim of Camphill, Collooney, Co Sligo, so if you have any questions I might be able to help.  I have a tree online on MyHeritage I can invite you to look at if you let me have your email....Jennifer
Hello, Jennifer, very pleased to meet you.

I can only send you my e-mail address after you have made 3 posts to the RootsChat forums. RootsChat does not allow me to put my e-mail address in the public domain.

So please post a couple more messages and then we can get in touch.

I am intrigued by your message because as far as I knew Alexander and Alexandrina had only two daughters, Anna and Alexandrina. I look forward to hearing more about Eva.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 14 August 17 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I am great granddaughter of Eva Sim, daughter of Alexander and Alexandrina Sim of Camphill, Collooney, Co Sligo, so if you have any questions I might be able to help.  I have a tree online on MyHeritage I can invite you to look at if you let me have your email....Jennifer

I'm a bit puzzled by this daughter Eva also. I can't see a possible birth for her anywhere in Ireland and in 1911 census Alexandrina Sim says she had had 2 children (both living) which would be Anna and Alexandrina Mary-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Sligo/Ballysadare_East/Bleachgreen/908333
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline poolmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 14 August 17 22:56 BST (UK) »
Sorry yes you're both right, there were just two daughters...Anna and Alexandrina Mary aka Eva...
Eva married Henry Charles Gordon McCormick, and they lived at The Abbey, Collooney.  Gordon enlisted in the Great War and fought at Salonika in the Service Core.  He and Eva had four daughters, the eldest Kathleen was my grandmother.  I've researched the McCormick's fairly well but haven't much information on the Sims so maybe we can work together....
Researching Scottish families:
McArthur, Glencro, Argyll; Morison/Campbell, Inveraray; Argyll; Bell, Kippen, Sterling; Shira, Deanston, Perthshire; Pool, Annan, Dumfreisshire; Sim, Glasgow & Sligo, Ireland;

Offline poolmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 14 August 17 23:01 BST (UK) »
Very exciting to find people researching the Sims.... ;D
McArthur, Glencro, Argyll; Morison/Campbell, Inveraray; Argyll; Bell, Kippen, Sterling; Shira, Deanston, Perthshire; Pool, Annan, Dumfreisshire; Sim, Glasgow & Sligo, Ireland;

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 07:54 BST (UK) »
Brilliant! Thank you. I knew about the two daughters and their husbands' names but nothing about their children. I will PM you.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline poolmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 09:48 BST (UK) »
That's great thanks Forfarian! I think Anna Sim married two times, attachment shows her marriage to an Italian Count...

copyright image removed

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 10:03 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline poolmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
Yes sorry again...there must be another Anna...maybe Alexander James Sim's sister, an aunt of Anna & Alexandrina (Eva)....I can see there are flaws in my tree....

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hmmm. Alexander James Sim's parents were married in 1849, so this Anna Sim aged 44 in 1885 would have been born in 1840 or 1841 so is too old to be a child of theirs.