Author Topic: Searching for Mary Dunphy 1901  (Read 7026 times)

Offline RBC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Mary Dunphy 1901
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much annclare, I will let you know if we have any luck.

RBC

Offline RBC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for the link dathai. 170, 171, and 172 all appear to have the christian name initial as an  N. It looks as if they are the babies family. 178 looks like an M. I don't know how Workhouses give the age of a two month old baby.

The child could still be Mary Dunphy. I will find out more about The Workhouse records.

RBC

Offline RBC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 February 16 16:51 GMT (UK) »
William Dunphy.  Still searching for records relating to the above family. One thing I haven't mentioned before is that on Mary's Birth Certificate William Dunphy''s Dwelling place was given as Kildoon.The current search is for the death of William Dunphy. When his daughter Mary/Molly Dunphy married Harold J Mills in 1925, William was listed as deceased, the last possible record we have for him was the 1911 Census. Any further help would be much appreciated.

RBC.

Offline RBC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 16:07 GMT (UK) »
I have now found the Baptism record for a William Dunphy.
Baptism place Maynooth, Kildare
Birth date 30.3.1879
Baptism date 2.4.1879
Parents William Dunphy and Catherine Callaghan.
Fathers place of birth Maynooth.

Could this be the William we are looking for, who was supposed to be married to Elizabeth/Eliza/Lizzie McCormack? We have a William working in Maynooth on the 1901 Census so they could be the same person.

I was very pleased when I found the Baptism record as I quite expected to find a Census record for the Parents. No luck so far.