Author Topic: MI for William Johnstone RENWICK  (Read 2182 times)

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MI for William Johnstone RENWICK
« on: Monday 17 November 14 20:18 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the cemetery and MI where my great grandfather, William Johnstone Renwick, (1857-1938) is buried.  He probably lived and raised his family in or near the village of Denholm.  From the Borders Fanily History Society website, I know that I can buy CDs or DVDs with copies of Monumental Inscriptions for various cemeteries.  However, I don't know which ones would have the MI for William Renwick.  The DVD for Cavers and Kirkton (inc. Denholm) has the MI for 8 Renwicks but I don't know which ones.  Can anyone offer me some advice?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: MI for William Johnstone RENWICK
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 November 14 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

Try this site -
http://www.denholmvillage.co.uk/denholm%20cemetery.html

Renwick MI's numbered 83 , 119 , and 120 , can't see anything for William but may be related.

Did William Renwick die Ashkirk Selkirk in 1938 ?

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 November 14 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your response, and yes, that is where William died in December of 1938.  Also thanks for the link to the Denholm Cemetery.  I looked through the MIs for Renwicks and none of them are relatives of mine so I could eliminate that DVD.  Do you know if other local cemeteries have put their MIs online? 

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 November 14 22:30 GMT (UK) »
There is the possiblity that William has no gravestone  :(

The fact that William passed on in Selkirkshire may indicate that his burial is maybe elsewhere ?

Do you know if other local cemeteries have put their MIs online?
Thanks to a local resident we have a list of names of the people buried in the cemetery at Denholm as well as details from the gravestones.

I don't have any local knowledge of the area , just looking at Google.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records