Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 101307 times)

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 17:28 GMT (UK) »
still on the waiting game folk.
MITCH 601 - have already started on your list.
MRSSELFPUB - written to the State Archives.
RLW254 -  written to the Archives.  Town Hall has only registrations after the Unification. Pre-Unification Records are mostly held by the State Archives. Church Records, hm, a good one this.  I have tried in the past with Diocesan Archives.  They are not very helpful at all.  1600's records - that's going to be very difficult and have no idea.  There again there may be someone on Rootschat who knows as we have some very knowledgeable members.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline mitch601

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Steve  :)

Offline MrsSelfPub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Wow - thank you very much, Steve.
Kind regards
Helen
Mason-Norfolk
Maidment-Norfolk,Hampshire,Wiltshire,London
Moffat-Glasgow,Liverpool,Massachussets,Pennsylvania,Montreal,Ireland
Downing-Liverpool, Wirral, Derbyshire
Phillips-Cardiff,Newport,Chepstow
Chapman-Newport
Squire-Devon
Bancone-Italy, Poole, Newark New Jersey

Offline rlw254

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday 31 October 18 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Steve! Just to clarify I'm not looking for anything necessarily as dramatic as early 1600 records, just stuff right around the turn of the 19th century right now.

For example I know from marriage record in 1820 that someone's father died in 1795, before the civil registration. The marriage record indicates that proof of the father's death was included in the marriage supplemental documents (processetti) which would have come from church books. Would these processetti be held at town hall or in the diocesan archives?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: Thursday 01 November 18 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve, ah ok, that's cool, I was just looking to see if there was a way I could find out if someone (my birth father) HAD been deported. I was told they had been , but have no way of knowing for sure . I did try the embassy IN EDINBURGH 1 but apart from give me his contact details they offered no other info. He is still living but has never acknowledged me hence the reason I am struggling a bit with my family tree. The comune della spezia have been amazing, and gave me what certificates etc they could find. However as I'm going back a wee bit now , info doesn't appear to be there,
Though I have seen a few more names on geneanet that I didn't have before.
As for the other children, no not UK that is to do with my birth father also, I'd never even thought about him having other children until someone asked me a few days ago. (By way just for your info ,he does know about me lol, he married mum the year AFTER I was born) was to find out if was any  children from his 2nd marriage. Don't know if I'm allowed to put his and his wife's names on here if still living?
So  as for my list of names and what I'm looking for are:
 BIRTH ,MARRIAGE ,DEATH FOR :

ADRIANO CHIAPPINI AND CAROLINA OLIVETTI .(parents of silvio)  Have no dates but Adriano was born 18/9/1825 in piano de collecchia. And would have died before 1898 (Was first married to A Rosa arguilla)

Same again for: LUIGI PEDRINI AND MARIA LUCCHESI  (parents of erminia pedrini)

BIRTH AND DEATH OF ERMINIA PEDRINI, BORN AROUND 1876 IN DISTRICT OF BIGLIOLO. DIED BETWEEN 1898 AND 1909

PIETRO LOMBARDI AND BENIGIA ADORNI (BOTH DIED BEFORE 1909)(parents of aida)

LUCA PIETRO PEDRINI CA 1875
TERESA PEDRINI CA 1882
ANTONIO PEDRINI CA 1885
(All siblings of erminia)

Marriage in aulla  for silvio egidio chiappini ( born 23 july 1874 in piano di collechia) and aida Lombardi BORN AROUND 1891 IN DISTRICT OF OLIVOLA (rec 46 , reg in fivizzano Dec 10th 1909)

Death for silvio egidio  chiappini

BIRTH AND DEATH OF:
AIDA LOMBARDI

ALSO Have discovered a sibling of silvio called GUIDITTA CHIAPPINI CA 1861 COLLECHIA, MARRIED ALBINO RICCI 12 NOV 1888 CA 1874

It's a long list, sorry, and don't expect you to do it all, just whatever you can come up with would be a great help to me , no matter how small. I'll still be doing my bit to search as much as I can too, thanks Steve.
 Apologies for not having many dates so if information can't be found on those ones , that's completely understandable. Thanks again.
is this of any use ?
https://gw.geneanet.org/karlmarx2000?n=pedrini&oc=&p=erminia
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Francesco Saverio

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: Friday 02 November 18 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Steve ...  :D

Hi Nina,
count Giulio Silvio Grizi was the uncle of my father. He was born in Jesi in 1890 and died in Rome in 1990. I have visited just today his tomb in the Verano cemetery and the tomb of his wife Katleen in the Anglican cemetery in Rome. If you need same information you can write to me.  Kind regards Francesco Grizi

Offline mixedupmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: Sunday 04 November 18 05:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

I was wondering if you could get a death certificate for me please but I am not sure where the lady died - Tirano or Villa di Tirano. I am attaching part of a birth registration for Giovannina or Giovanna Borserio who was born in Villa di Tirano and died on or about 20 August 1980.

I am hoping the certificate shows who she was married too.

Thanks for your help.

R.
Smealls - Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Williamsonson - Dunfermline, Scotland
Della Vedova - Tirano and surrounding villages, Italy
Maganetti - Tirano, Italy

Offline jacky_d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH Antonio Mazzone Senerchia Italy 1856-1857
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve62 
I am trying to obtain the birth certificate of my Great Grandfather ANTONIO MAZZONE, who due to DNA I now know he was born in Senerchia  I have put all my DNA matches together and our common ancestors are
NICOLA MAZZONE BORN 1772 IN SENERCHIA AND DIED 1876 sENERCHIA
his wife
GRAZIA TRIMARCO BORN 1776 DIED 1876 SENERCHIA.
These will be my Antonios Grandparents
On my Antonios wedding certificate in 1883 Cardiff UK he has his fathers name down as Rito! so i can only presume that it is an error and his name was Vito. Nicola did have a son called Vito, who also had a child called Antonio but this Antonio apparently died in Canada in 1909 and my Antonio died 1934 in Cheshire in 1934. 
In the uk they also went by the names Mazzo, Mazzoni, Mazzone and Marco.
previously it was presumed he was born between 1856-59 however, i have found 2 hospital admission records one dob stated as 22 May 1856 and the other 22 May 1857 
I have been searching now for over 20 years and can not find any entry records to the uk and have trawled the family search records but cant find any thing in there either.
So im hoping you may be able to come up with some thing for me please.
Thank you in advance
Jacky

Offline rlw254

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: Monday 12 November 18 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve62 
I am trying to obtain the birth certificate of my Great Grandfather ANTONIO MAZZONE, who due to DNA I now know he was born in Senerchia  I have put all my DNA matches together and our common ancestors are
NICOLA MAZZONE BORN 1772 IN SENERCHIA AND DIED 1876 sENERCHIA
his wife
GRAZIA TRIMARCO BORN 1776 DIED 1876 SENERCHIA.
These will be my Antonios Grandparents
On my Antonios wedding certificate in 1883 Cardiff UK he has his fathers name down as Rito! so i can only presume that it is an error and his name was Vito. Nicola did have a son called Vito, who also had a child called Antonio but this Antonio apparently died in Canada in 1909 and my Antonio died 1934 in Cheshire in 1934. 
In the uk they also went by the names Mazzo, Mazzoni, Mazzone and Marco.
previously it was presumed he was born between 1856-59 however, i have found 2 hospital admission records one dob stated as 22 May 1856 and the other 22 May 1857 
I have been searching now for over 20 years and can not find any entry records to the uk and have trawled the family search records but cant find any thing in there either.
So im hoping you may be able to come up with some thing for me please.
Thank you in advance
Jacky

I wasn't able to find Antonio for you but I can tell you that there was no Nicola Mazzone or Grazia Trimarco that died in Senerchia in 1876.

However, the only Vito Mazzone I was able to find died in Senerchia on 28 Mar 1880 at age 82, son of Nicola and Grazia Trimarco, widower of Teresa Marco.