Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 101289 times)

Offline EBrand

• RootsChat Member
  • Isabella Waldeck, dau of George and Isabella Brand
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #306 on: Thursday 07 February 19 04:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi EB,
Just had a look on Anc. Italy/FindMyPast/F.Search.  Nothing.

Steve

Thanks for your help, Steve.
I'll keep looking for some more clues!

EB.
Lillis (IRE)
McKenna (IRE)
Minehan (IRE)
Prest (ENG)
Gowland (ENG)
Ashby (ENG)
Brand (SCOT)
McLean (SCOT)
McDonald (SCOT)

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: Thursday 07 February 19 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi EB,
Sorry not much help, but you know where I am if you find something.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: Friday 08 February 19 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve, just a long shot but i’m looking for a Joseph Francelli, father of Mario Francelli who was born in October 1883, in Italy 🙄. Mario was an actor in the UK, as was his son Frank (registered as Frank Mario Gustavo Francelli in Holborn, Middlesex, in March quarter 1912, later to be known as Frank Shelley). Mario’s first marriage in Monmouthshire (Wales) - where he was a collier - in 1908 lists his father as Joseph, a mason, but i’ve not been able to find either in the 1911 census to glean anything more.

Not looking for anything recent, just hoping to find Joseph’s wife / Mario’s mother, and Mario’s birth.

Many thanks for reading,

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: Friday 08 February 19 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diedre,
First I would need a place of Birth.  Anc. (not subscribed) Suppose that is your tree "Joseph b. 1863." There is another tree with  Frank b. 1902 Italy, but place of Birth is blank as I am not subscribed.  That might indicate a place we are looking for.
 Looked on several sites and found nothing.  Seem to have problems finding the origines of the surname as well as that could indicate a place.
Now not saying good news, but might - There is a Francesco Francelli born in Genoa in 1883.  A long shot, but maybe a twin? or Mario had a nother name or even changed his name.  So sent e-mail to Genoa and requested the BC of Francesco and also if there is a Mario of the same year and mentioned father Giuseppe (Joseph).
Not sure if you meant in the 1911 there was nothing new or you did'nt find them in the 1911.
In the meantime if you find info, no matter how irrelevant you think, let me know.

Always here to help

Steve

Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: Friday 08 February 19 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Steve, that is literally just a guess as i was using 1863 +/- 10 years in my searches.

Not found mario or joseph in 1911 at all 🙄 (no idea if Joseph was ever in the uk). Have mario in later life with 2nd wife.

Thanks very much for looking for me; not my tree but trying to help someone i contacted about descendants from Mario’s first marriage 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline lsbura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: Monday 11 February 19 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm looking to contact Steve62. I have a relative who was born in Italy. In a town called Parma back in 1858 and on. It was country side back in those days, farm land etc. Not the City of Parma that they have now. His name was Marco Mundi and he had a sister, may be more I don't know. He was a shepherd who looked after some farmers sheep. He had a run in with a village priest, he thought he had killed him, so he ran away. It seems the village  priest was not killed. He did stow away on the ship sailing for Canada. The Canadian part I have the information of his life.

lsbura

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: Monday 11 February 19 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat

I will send steve62 a message for you.  Once you have 2 posts you can use the personal message system yourself to send private messages.

Hopefully steve62 will be along shortly.  ;)

Good Luck
Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isbura,
No problem will see what I can find out from the Archives  and a couple of sites that might have some info.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat

I will send steve62 a message for you.  Once you have 2 posts you can use the personal message system yourself to send private messages.

Hopefully steve62 will be along shortly.  ;)

Mia cara Sandra, ;)
Thank you for putting me in touch with Isbura.  Just pass people along I enjoy it, but from the postings I am not having much joy at the moment.

Ciao
Steve
 8) 8)

Good Luck
Sandra  ;)
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy