Author Topic: Angus Mclure/Mcleor/Mcleur  (Read 807 times)

Offline Rdmclure

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Angus Mclure/Mcleor/Mcleur
« on: Saturday 22 November 14 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Info on Angus Mclure and Annabelle Mckenzie, Inverness shire Scotland. Left Scotland w/ 3 children Roderick, Catherine, Angus Jr abt 1793 possibly from Glenelg ,landed in Prince Edward Island, Can. Any info on their life before emigrating appreciated
Thank you,
Rod Mclure

Offline bevj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Paterson 1866-1909
    • View Profile
Re: Angus Mclure/Mcleor/Mcleur
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 November 14 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Not much use really but might give you something to investigate:

Familysearch has the baptism record for a male McKenzie born in Croy and Dalcross, Inverness, on 31st October 1766 and christened on 2nd November.
Parents' names were Roderick and Anne née Mcglashan.
Since your couple had a son called Roderick this could feasibly be Annabelle's parents and a sibling.

Bev
Weedon - Hertfordshire and W. Australia
Herbertson, Congalton, Paterson - Scotland
Reed, Elmer - Hunts.
Branson - Bucks. and Birmingham
Warren, Ball, Jones - Birmingham
Fuller, Bourne, Sheepwash - Kent
Brittain - Beds. and W. Australia

Offline Rdmclure

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 November 14 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, something to investigate.
Rod

Offline ndmcclure

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 February 18 20:53 GMT (UK) »
My name is Nancy McClure. I am a descendent of Angus and Annabella McLure and am actually descended through 3 of their children. Complicated but I am descended from their son Angus Jr as his son John had a daughter Ida Miranda who married Colin Campbell Maclure and had a daughter Roma; my paternal grandmother. Colin Campbell McClure was the son of Hugh.  Accordingly my paternal great grandparents on my dad's mothers side were first cousins once removed. But ALSO I am descended from William who had a son James who had a son Ivan; my paternal grandfather. Ivan married Roma (Colin Campbell MacLures daughter) so my paternal grandparents were second cousins once removed. There were changes in spellings to manage the conversation about my paternal grandparents connection and my father never knew until just before his death 9 yars ago at the age of 86. My father was Donald McClure son of Roma and Ivan. My question,-has anyone been able to find anything about the background of Angus and Annabella. Certainly records are available for the mid to late 1700's in Scotland but I can find little. Suggestions?

Offline Rdmclure

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 03:23 GMT (UK) »
 According to most lists there are no church records for western Inverness- shire and the Isle of Skye earlier than 1793 ( and only two Mclure baptisms from 1793 to 1800)
This is a problem because Angus and Annabell had already left for the new world. You can read about them by doing
Google "family history books" this will take you to a page where you can search for books, enter "Galder" and you will see two books by Donald Keith Dewar.
"Dewar: tracing our family tree" is more up to date than The Mcleors of Galder Glenelg
 There are no sources given in this book just a list of names of the people who had contributed information.