Author Topic: Sussex Marriage Index: Henry Lampard (or Lamport), c.1700  (Read 6727 times)

Offline acauston

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sussex Marriage Index: Henry Lampard (or Lamport), c.1700
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 July 05 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hello again, Thelma:
Hmmm, if John was of that parish and not of Steyning (but moving into the parish), then we may not be able to claim a link.  Yet ;).
Yes, I do know Kelvin:  his gr-grandfather, William, was my gr-grandfather Samuel's brother.  We've been corresponding for a couple of years now.  Kelvin has a web site at http://lamport.ca/Genealogy/Index-Genealogy.html, where you can view the parish extracts and other BMD data that I forwarded to him.  With Henry's and Ruth's daughter, Ruth, christened in 1701, I estimated (conservatively, I hope) that an approximate birth year for both might be 1680.  I sent Kelvin a fairly large update a few weeks ago and am working on another one, in particular, the PAINE family connection discovered for us just days ago by Jane Masri.
So, you and I can keep looking and maybe turn up a connection one day, who knows?  Nice to hear from you.
Regards,
Alison
London/Croydon: Causton. Steyning, Coombes & Piddinghoe, Sussex: Lamport. Bournemouth/Croydon: Dunford. Bristol/Croydon: Wawman, Hurford. Long Crichel, Dorset: Loader. Wivelsfield, Sussex: Miles. Kilrea, Co L'Derry: Kilpatrick, M'Kay. Caledon & Dungannon, Co Tyrone: Huggins, Kennedy, Thompson. Co Kerry: Burke. Corbrackey, Co Armagh: Flavell, Jones. DruminallyDuff, Co Armagh: Gilmore.