Author Topic: John Suckling 1781 Felstead? Essex, England  (Read 784 times)

Offline Awayfromhome

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Suckling 1781 Felstead? Essex, England
« on: Friday 28 November 14 21:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks,
I just wondered if anybody has the above Suckling in their family tree and if so have you found a baptism or some other proof of who his parents were please. I have him down as a son of Edward & Ann & have found baptisms of other children of Ed/Ann in Felstead, but have looked all over for John as I know that Ab. Labs. moved around a lot. I have looked in so many parishes, but no luck.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: John Suckling 1781 Felstead? Essex, England
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 November 14 02:00 GMT (UK) »
I see there are two John Suckling's b. c.1781 in the 1841 census. However, taking the rounding of ages into account, there is only one that fits the age in the 1851 census. This John Suckling is listed as born in Finchingfield, Essex.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 November 14 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Where did your John Suckling marry and have his children? 

As pinefamily says, there is the John in Finchingfield on the 1851 Census and there are several couples in there in the 1770s and 1780s but no John at the right time.  He could have been born before his mother married a Suckling or they could have been non-conformist.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Awayfromhome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 December 14 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi pinefamily,
Thank you very much for your reply to my query about John Suckling born 1781 Felstead. I do have his marriage parish record and his wife's name was Ann Cornwell. In the the 1841 census the John Suckling is married to Elizabeth and in the 1851 Ann is a widow and living with a daughter & son-in-law, so I am afraid that didn't help. Sorry I did not reply before.  Kind regards   Mollie.

Offline Awayfromhome

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 December 14 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi smudwhisk,
Thank you very much for your reply to my post about John Suckling born Felstead 1781. I did look in the parishes where John & Ann's children were baptized, where they were married and many, many more parishes but no luck. Think I have covered all the avenues so far, so hopefully something will turn up.
Sorry this reply has been so long in coming but I am unfamilia with chat forums & have been used to the FTM message and reply system.
Kind regards, Mollie