Author Topic: Elizabeth Illidge, born 1844 in Aston-by-Sutton  (Read 12903 times)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Illidge, born 1844 in Aston-by-Sutton
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 30 November 14 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre,
Apologies to both you and chrisane about the birth reg I got a bit carried away :-[

Don't know if it will help....the 1808 baptism for Sarah shows that the family residence was "Shipbrook". If you can find it on your map it might help.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 30 November 14 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks rolnora, will see what I can find (don't usually have much luck with maps though  :-[)

Not getting too excited but IF it is the right Sarah, then the baptism record gives her father's parents too - not seen that before  ;D

Edited to add: didn't look fully across the double page spread - it gives her mother's parents too and the townships for them all. Amazing detail  8)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 30 November 14 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Isn't it just ;D

Have a look at this website it gives you more info than Family Search but it is cumbersome to use if your not used to it.You will find the family on it and if this Sarah turns out to be the correct one she has a sister Frances born Whatcroft in 1811, there may be more relations.
You will also find the Knutsford Sarah on it.

http://cgi.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb/

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 30 November 14 23:16 GMT (UK) »
That looks a good site but will take some getting used to (as they all do  ;D). I have ancestors in many counties but have to say that Cheshire has some of the best online records, including lots of images on FindMyPast. 

Need to drag myself away from this fascinating topic now though and get to bed as I have an early start in the morning. But it's been a great weekend  :)

Thanks again for all your help.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 21 December 14 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Had the certificate yesterday, but it's the wrong one (first wrong one I've had :().

It's for Elizabeth Illidge, born 1842 in Frodsham to John and Ann.

I asked for Elizabeth Illidge (or variation) born around 1844 in Aston to John and Sarah. I was worried that she may not have been born in Aston (though she was living there in 1851), as the 1861 says Dutton, so maybe that was my mistake, though I do feel that as the mum was Ann it shouldn't have been sent. 

Have emailed GRO to query it. Will see what they say and if no luck will order the Elizabeth Hillidge one, Runcorn 19 219, via Cheshire BMD, specifying John and Sarah.

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 21 December 14 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deidre,
It's a shame it's the wrong one and I think you would be right to query it  ::)
Hope you get it sorted soon and don't forget to let us know :)

Happy Christmas to you too :)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 21 December 14 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deidre,
It's a shame it's the wrong one and I think you would be right to query it  ::)
Hope you get it sorted soon and don't forget to let us know :)

Happy Christmas to you too :)

Hi Rolnora, I was so excited when the envelope arrived too ;D

Having specified 1844 I thought they only searched 1 year year either side. But this was 4th Jan 1842. It's almost as though they found the first Elizabeth Illidge and sent it....

Will let you know what they say, though I guess it'll be after Christmas now  ::)

Deirdre

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 08 January 15 22:53 GMT (UK) »
GRO asked for the certificate back before they investigate/check so am waiting to hear from them.

Done a bit more searching and have found a baptism for an Elizabeth Hildage, parents John and Sarah, abode Dutton, at Little Leigh, on 6 August 1843 which looks good (but rules out the Elizabeth Hillidge birth in Q1 1844 19/219 :-\).

And there's an Anne Hildage baptism too, 5 July 1846, same parents, abode Dutton, which probably confirms it. Can't find a baptism for John (1840) though, although he appears to have been born in Aston-by-Sutton.

There's a burial for an Ellen Hildage in Little Leigh too, abode Dutton, age 3 months in March 1842, so may be another sister (but no baptism) :-\

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 09 January 15 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Reading back through the posts I can't see that we found the family on the 1841 census.
I've just found this, I don't think it will help much but if correct does place them living in Dutton, Great Budworth at the time the 1841 census was taken.

John Hilditch 25,Ag Lab, Sarah 30, and John 1

HO107 Piece 92