Author Topic: Sandra D. Bracher, born Bradford-Upon-Avon / Trowbridge 1942  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Mike Thornton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sandra D. Bracher, born Bradford-Upon-Avon / Trowbridge 1942
« on: Saturday 29 November 14 11:30 GMT (UK) »
My mum, born to Doris B. Bracher, 1942. No father listed on birth certificate copy. Believe (hearsay only) that the father may be one Wilson (G?) Ferris, possibly of Cricklade in Wiltshire, 1914. I believe Wilson subsequently married Mona Bell in 1944 in Northallerton, and died in 1960 in Swindon in Wiltshire.  He might instead (if the Oldham connection is legit) be Wilson Faries - I really don't know how to tell them apart, and I'd really like to know how I can join the dots.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Sandra D. Bracher, born Bradford-Upon-Avon / Trowbridge 1942
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 November 14 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi, something to think about:

Wilson Fairies according to Freebmd married a Nellie Haynes in March quarter 1941 in Midleton Lancashire. There dont seem to be any children of this marriage. He remarried in 1947 and died in 1974.

Wilson Ferris married Mona Bell in 1944 Northallerton.

It really depends whether Wilson Fairies had an affair soon after his marriage. Wilson Ferris would have been single when your mother was born. 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Sandra D. Bracher, born Bradford-Upon-Avon / Trowbridge 1942
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 November 14 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rosie

Mike it is far better to keep to one post so that we dont waste time looking up the same information.

I see from one of your other posts that you say, " Sandra was born at Bradford-upon-Avon. I believe Doris and Sandra were welcomed by Wilson's family at his home (in Oldham?)"

If this is the case it is probably unlikely to be Wilson Fairies who was married at the time.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk