Author Topic: Landed Estate Court Files  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Landed Estate Court Files
« on: Monday 01 December 14 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Is anyone able to tell me how I can access these files?  They appear to be online via familysearch, but the images are only available to view  for members or organisations, of which I am neither. :(

Thanks in advance,

Daisy Loo

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Landed Estate Court Files
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 December 14 01:15 GMT (UK) »
This is what they say.
"Image Visibility
Whenever possible, Family Search makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record Custodians. The Ireland Landed Estate Court Records collection is available to the Family History Library, FamilySearch Centers, and to members of the supporting organization, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The images can be viewed at a FamilySearch Center near you."

I clicked on Wiki in the top bar then typed  Landed Estate Court Records in to the search box on the left of the map.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 December 14 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Findmypast has the Landed Estate Records on their site (pay to view).  Some of the originals are held in PRONI (Belfast) and I would assume that National Archives in Dublin may have some too, though they won’t be on-line.
Elwyn

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 December 14 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the answers.

the FamilySearch centres are a bit too far for me, so the findmypast is certainly a better option.  I hadn't realized they had them.  Thank you :)

(off to spend yet a bit more money!)

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 December 14 11:06 GMT (UK) »
the FamilySearch centres are a bit too far for me, so the findmypast is certainly a better option.

There's a centre at Limerick?

That's not too far from Galway?! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 December 14 13:01 GMT (UK) »
It is when you have two small children and no car :D

Having said that, I actually hadn't realized there is one in Limerick, had thought just in Dublin, so good to know anyway!  Thanks! :D