Author Topic: purcell family  (Read 4495 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: purcell family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 December 14 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Getting a copy of the birth cert will answer all the speculation. You will then know her mums name, probably have an idea as to whether she was or wasnt illegitimate, have an address as at 1850, etc and be able to move on with some degree of confidence you are on the right track.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lyndy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 14:30 GMT (UK) »
I have found out Mary Purcells  parents were Robert and Elizabeth, she was born 1850 in Dudley any further info would be  very much appreciated.
I think maybe Mary was a twin

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 14:54 GMT (UK) »
I don't know how you suddenly jumped from Thomas to Robert but heres the 1861 census

Bishop Street Dudley

Robert Purcell (or Pursell) 47 head b Shropshire engine worker
Elizabeth Purcell 47 wife b Dudley sinker
Maria Purcell 19 dau b Dudley sinker
Martin Purcell 13 son b Dudley coal miner
Mary Ann Purcell 11 dau b Dudley
John Purcell 1 grandson b Dudley

RG09/2060/57/44

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the 1851 census they are down as Pursell

Salop Street, Dudley

Robert 36 head b Dudley Engineer
Elizabeth 36 wife b Dudley nailor
Richard 12 son b Dudley coal miner
Maria 9 dau b Dudley
Robert 6 son b Dudley
Natiss 3 son b Dudley (Martin)
Mary 1 dau b Dudley

HO107/2032/92/40

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Did you buy a copy of her birth cert?

You originally said her father was Thomas on her marriage cert so where has Robert come from?  Why would she give a different name for her father?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 January 16 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Have you got the marriage certificate if so can you post the details it might give us more to work on as I cant trace any of the family after the 1861 census

Willow x

Offline rayel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 January 16 20:19 GMT (UK) »
I came by the name Thomas for her father from her marriage certificate , which I will post details of when I get home.
Her birth certificate says her father is Robert and mother Elizabeth nee davies one is obviously wrong , I have tended to go with the birth certificate because she named her children Robert and Elizabeth .
plymouth

Offline Harleyrider

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyndy it appears that I  am chasing up the same family. If you  look on  My Heritage you will see that we have a DNA match.