Author Topic: Look up request - 1871  (Read 3236 times)

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request - 1871
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Mary Ann Murphy married Jeremiah Kirby 1871 Newport, Mon.

1881 has Mary Ann and family in Mill Street, Caerleon. Ellen is 1 month old. Is that your family?

I don't know now Haywood...cus who is the jeremiah in the workhouse in abergavenny 1881???

All I definately know is MY kirbys are ellen (went on to be Dundon and Carter), John kirby b.1828 ish, mary kirby, honourah kirby (married a Maloney) and catherine (married a Lewis)....the girls all stayed in abergavenny.

I can see baptisms for possible girls on irish geneology to parents michael and julia kirby but I'm hitting a brick wall with who their parents were really x
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Jeremiah us not with Mary Ann in 1881.

The Kirby family here- Julia etc are living in Caerleon not Abergavenny.

I have now found them in 1851 2451/ 220/21
Church Lane Caerleon lodging with O'Sullivan family. All born Cork.

Julian Kerby (as recorded) 45 yrs with children William, Jeremiah, Catherine and Anne, all born Cork.

Perhaps nothing to do with your family.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 December 14 07:02 GMT (UK) »
That's clinched it then Heywood...thank you. They can't me my kirbys parents then as I've got my catherine kirby in 1851 and the other kirby kids too. I thought maybe that the julia and michael were the parents who had them baptised in cork but must be a different family.

Many thanks for that, it's saved me unnecessary following of the wrong people!

I do know that there's a jeremiah kirby linked to them somehow but must be a different one!
Ah back to the drawing board x
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 December 14 07:42 GMT (UK) »
I had looked for your Kirbys previously but couldn't spot all of them- had seen your earlier post re Ellen etc.
I now see Ellen and family in Merthyr T, lodging together with John Kirby and family in the household of a Davy Goggin. John has a son, Jeremiah- which is a very popular Cork name.
Ellen and John give different birthplaces  :-\
A marriage certificate of any of the siblings would give you their fathers' name which may help you.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk